Brides on a Mission: Week 6

Options
124»

Replies

• nmcameron11
    Options
    Weight in this AM: I lost 2.8lbs! Yay!

Excellent job wannabrn10! My quote didn't come out exactly right but that's ok.

Thanks Hun!!
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I needed to vent.

I would need to vent too. Awesome job making it to the gym! :drinker: I don't know if I could've gone, seeing him on the couch not having a care in the world.

Yeah I am not sure how I did it, I just knew that I had to so I got up and did it.
  • EaglesFan521
    Options
    So I needed to vent.

I worked a half day this morning, but I was up at 6, out the door at 7 and was home around 1 and I even brought my fiancee home lunch even though he doesn't work and was home all day. So after running an errand I knew I had to get up to get the the gym, even though I was EXHAUSTED and I didn't want to go anywhere, don't you know my fiancee decides that while I am going to go to the gym he is gonna take the time to NAP (did i mention hes not working right now?)! As I am rallying to get to the gym he is hunkered down on the couch with blankets and ready to go to sleep. Now don't get me wrong I love my fiancee but this is the same man who complains how his clothes are too small... as you can guess they didn't get smaller he got larger, and in his defense I did too, befor i joined MFP I was at my highest weight ever. So needless to say i am a little peeved that every day when I go to the gym or I work out and I offer for him to come with he refuses. and that stationary bike that we bought cause he told me he would use it all the time... well since we got it he used it about 3 times... and he can even play playstation on it. So I don't know what to do.... I guess I just have to let it go for now.. but like I said SOOO frustrating... anyway thanks for listening!!!!

What a poop head! I could see him not doing anything if he was working long hours but not having a job and sleeping while you are working out! Dont you wish that they could just see all this on their own and we dont have to tell them! lol I'm sorry it was a rough day for you. Just look at your progress for the day though....you pushed through something that you didnt' want to do AND you knew you had to do it. I think that is the hardest part about all this sometimes; just doing the work. We know what we have to do to be healthy and beautiful brides but it is hard to actually stick with it and do it. Keep in there!

My fiance has gained quite a bit of weight too (I think he is around 210lbs and 5'9) but he works from 630am-630pm and is on his feet all day and works on Saturdays from 9-12. He says that he is just to beat to work out, which I understand but sometimes wish just on the weekends he could hitthe gym for 30min.

Thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate it, its just like he complains that hes fat but doesn't want to do anything to change it. Now let me say that he just got out of the army so he used to be like really fit, when he got home from deployment he was a really good size... but now its like he doesn't care. and to be honest getting a little sick of him complaining about something he isn't doing anything to fix.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Can you gals help me with ideas for a cheaper venue? I have a small budget and am trying to think outside of the box!

What about a pretty corner in a public park near you? That would be easy to do for the ceremony - usually you have to pay a small fee to the town and then just set it up yourself. Then if you want to be really budget-friendly, you could have an outdoor reception there. BBQ if you're casual, or get it catered. But I didn't catch your earlier post - how many guests are you thinking about? cutting down the guestlist is the easiest way to save $$$. All these wedding costs - what a racket!

35 guests $3000 budget
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    So I needed to vent.

I worked a half day this morning, but I was up at 6, out the door at 7 and was home around 1 and I even brought my fiancee home lunch even though he doesn't work and was home all day. So after running an errand I knew I had to get up to get the the gym, even though I was EXHAUSTED and I didn't want to go anywhere, don't you know my fiancee decides that while I am going to go to the gym he is gonna take the time to NAP (did i mention hes not working right now?)! As I am rallying to get to the gym he is hunkered down on the couch with blankets and ready to go to sleep. Now don't get me wrong I love my fiancee but this is the same man who complains how his clothes are too small... as you can guess they didn't get smaller he got larger, and in his defense I did too, befor i joined MFP I was at my highest weight ever. So needless to say i am a little peeved that every day when I go to the gym or I work out and I offer for him to come with he refuses. and that stationary bike that we bought cause he told me he would use it all the time... well since we got it he used it about 3 times... and he can even play playstation on it. So I don't know what to do.... I guess I just have to let it go for now.. but like I said SOOO frustrating... anyway thanks for listening!!!!

That's totally how things started with my FH and I....but then I got really upset because I felt like I wasn't getting the support that I needed. I would be munching on carrots while he had ice cream, nachos...etc. And let's be honest. I have an addiction to food that goes far beyond necessity. And so does he. It was discouraging to be in that kind of environment. When we started the new year, we decided we would work out. He didn't want to change his eating habits but I knew that I had to if I really wanted to lose weight and take care of myself.

It took me bawling in front of him and telling him that his support is what I needed most for him to get on-board; counting calories and making a habit out of going to work out. We push each other to be better. I don't know if I could have made it through the last month and a half without his support. I would have gotten so frustrated. Perhaps you could try talking to him about things?

On another note, I don't know about all you other brides....but I am STARVING and it's my TOM. My calorie limit is never too low for me, but right now, I feel like I could eat a hippo with some cheese sauce. So hungry. It's not right. I'm not even going to weigh myself this week because I feel like with all the bloating it's pointless. I wonder if anyone else feels this way? I need to go see my doctor and get on a different birth control because this one makes me PSYCHO. Like nice to ***** in 2 seconds flat. And I cry all the time.... Time for a change.

Have a good weekend ladies!!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    So, what is everyone doing for Valentines day?! :love:

The fiance and I are going out on Sunday night to a little Italian resturaunt called Agio (I think that is how it's spelled). We went there once last year for his moms birthday and loved it. It is just a little expensive for our budget, so we figured an exepensive valentines dinner would be our gift to each other. I can't wait. :happy: We have look at the menu online and have a game plan: sharing an eggplant appetizer, sharing some type of pasta for dinner, and then sharing a banana foster flamming dessert thing!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Just a little sad this AM....I am picking my fiance up to take him to the train station. He will be taking the Amtrak to St. Louis to visit my couin-in-law and another cousin-in-law is flying in from MN and they are all going to a hockey game and getting a hotel for the night. LOL I think I am just jelous! I was going to go with and stay with my cousin Julie while the boys were together but I have class till 2pm and didn't want to miss my group points today. O well! I am going to have dinner with my mom tonight and we are going to Sam's club to stock up on a few things (a hoppin Firday night, right! lol) Tomorrow morning I will go to yoga and then do some running around. Before I know it I will be going down town to pick Greg up from the train station!
  • nmcameron11
    Options

The fiance and I are going out on Sunday night to a little Italian resturaunt called Agio (I think that is how it's spelled). We went there once last year for his moms birthday and loved it. It is just a little expensive for our budget, so we figured an exepensive valentines dinner would be our gift to each other. I can't wait. :happy: We have look at the menu online and have a game plan: sharing an eggplant appetizer, sharing some type of pasta for dinner, and then sharing a banana foster flamming dessert thing!

We have a great group of friend in our neighborhood and last year the guys surprised us ladies with a limo to an amazing restaurant. So this year it's the girls turn. So we are taking our men to an amazing brunch with unlimited mimosas and bloody marys :) Have fun on your date!
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Things have been crazy this week.

Brides on a Mission: week 6 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 :grumble:

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went out on a real date with Mike. It has been forever since we just took the whole day to spend time together. It was nice. :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Slacked on my eating and exercise. It showed this week too with my not losing any weight. I really need to push myself.

4. Do you have a wedding” theme”: We don't really have a wedding theme but I am kind of inspired by sunsets. The vivid oranges pinks and reds against the dark navy.

5. Any wedding news updates: Nope. Still collecting ideas. We need to start concreting things soon though.

6. What is your exercise plan and are you sticking with it: My ideal exercise plan is c25k m-w-f and 30day shred t-th-f but usually i just get to do the c25k

7. When I crave ____, I eat ____ instead to be healthy: When I crave Soda. I drink Sodium Free Club Soda instead to be healthy. Usually I just want the carbonation anyway.

8. How did you do with the week 5 challenge (adding diary to your diet): I had no problems with this challenge. It was easy.

9. Weekly wrap up: We went out to eat a lot last week and I really didn't make time to work out as much as I wanted. It showed in my progress. But it's just a bump in the road. This week will be better. :)
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

We're playing soccer! LOL We play on a co-ed indoor team on Monday nights so we have a game on V-day. But still should be fun, and we'll probably have a couple beers with the team afterwards.

My FH is definitely one of thoes in the "it's a made up holiday" camp. And while I don't disagree with him, you also can't just pretend it doesn't exist. So we might make a nice dinner together or go out to a wine bar this weekend. And I sent him flowers at work today. I really wanted to do something nice for him, especially for how he's been putting up with my crazy lately! He was totally surprised, it was awesome.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Catching up on some earlier threads this week....

gainskb –
    We also have issues of people being added to the list, but mostly it’s on my fiancé’s side. His mom added names to the address list that we sent for proofreading!*LOL* Dan hates to make waves, so he’s basically like “go ahead and add them, but I doubt they’ll come.” I just hope he’s right, especially since I don’t’ want the costs to get too out of hand either. The issue is really the fact that most of his family is from out of the area, so we’re not sure if he’ll have many people attend. We , but we don’t want it to be lopsided, either. I’ve pretty much stuck to my original list though. I think inviting third cousins that you couldn’t pick off of the street if you saw them, is just ridiculous. I had to put my foot down on that issue with my own mother.*LOL* We’re pretty much paying for the wedding, except for things like the photographer and DJ, so I don’t feel bad about saying no, either…. I just do my best to break the news in the most pleasant way possible. I haven’t had too many problems on that front.*shrugs*

finnhead –
    I must have missed an earlier post about your knees. What’s the issue? Did you go to the doctor? I hope they feel better soon. I’ve been having problems with my feet… the flexing motion when you walk is killing me. Like they’re bruised, almost as if I stepped on something. I’ve been doing the exercise bike or Zumba instead because everything else seems to be irritating it (at least cardio machine wise).

MrsSommer –
    Sorry you’re having so much difficult over your ring. My fiancé and I actually had several appointments at our local jewelers because I wanted to create a design of my own. Of course, custom work doesn’t come cheap. Luckily, we had an awesome jeweler who bent over backwards to please us. I got my custom design for 1,200…. Which really isn’t bad (my original design was over $4000!). Have you asked any local jeweler stores about estate pieces? These are usually gently use pieces that can be adapted for you and they are usually a lot of bling for your buck. If you’re not superstitious, you might get exactly what you want by going that route.

Shannon
  • NicolioRussell
    Options

We're going to be in Florida on vacation with my family. We're going to exchange "gifts" and maybe we'll go to dinner. I'm not really sure. We got engaged last year on valentine's day, so it's supposed to be a special day for us anyways!!

btw, I've lost 2 pounds this week! I hope I can keep up the progress while we are on vacay....The resort has a fitness center and a handful of pools. Here's hoping!

Have a good weekend, ladies!!
  • EaglesFan521
    Options

I am not doing a thing, my fiancee got a job and he has to work that night, but I don't know about during the day... I told him he needs to come up with something good, because last valentines day he was in afghanistan and the one before that he was training to go to afghanistan... so maybe i will give you girls an update on V-Day!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

The little gym my kids go to host a monthly "parent servival night" where they watch the kids for only $30 bucks each. This month is on Sturday night before v-day. We drop off the kids and get a 3 hour date night. The gym even gives the kids dinner. We will go to a low key dinner and I might even order some wine! Should be a great time out and the kids think they are going to a Valentines day party!