For the Guys

Options
It seems there are a lot of topics out there for women. I thought I would start one for the guys. I am a husband and father of a toddler, with another daughter on the way. I want to lose weight so that I can raise my kids and be there as they grow up. I have about a hundred pounds to lose. I lost about 30 lbs on WW. But, I gave up on it when I was remodeling my kitchen and living room. I have some more remodeling to do on my house, but I realize that I need to do some remodeling on my body as well. So when I pick up my hammer and drill I will be putting down my fork and spoon as much as I need as well.

Post something and let me know that I am not the only guy on this board.

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are quite a few of us on here. Good luck.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    You are not the only on. There are some mens only topics out there. I can't find them right now or I would link. Welcome.
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey man i am in a similar boat as you. Got a young kid at home and i want to be around for him as well as the rest of the family. I want to be a dad that plays well with their kid, not just there to see them play. Its a tough battle that we will always probably have to do. I had some real good success with MFP and got off track for a while. managed to gain back about 60 + pounds. I have just started back on my track and hope to be there for a while. Once you get going you just got to remember that we are doing this for more than just ourselves. We have family thats counts on us to there. I remember telling my wife that i want to have kids soon because i worry that my dad wont be there for them to remember. I dont want to be that person to my kids when they are ready to have some of their own. Lets get in shape.
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm with you. One thing I have to keep telling myself, is that there are 24 hours in a day. We should be able to reserve one of those hours for ourselves to take care of yourself. I tend to like solitary pursuits, swimming, jogging, hiking, biking even the gym with headphones on and I try to do something every day to clear my head and get a little exercise.

Find your hour, even if it's a few times a week.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey man! There are a few of us here it just takes awhile to find us! Do a Search for Man Cave to find more of us! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to friend me!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The few. The proud. The men of MFP.

We should release a Men of MFP calendar.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

dibbs on September!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options

dibbs on September!

Brilliant!

September? Gone already? Dammit. August, then!
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    One condition though - we can't release it unless there's a corresponding Women of MFP calendar. :bigsmile:
  • Chrisofevil
    Options
    This is a good idea! I was wondering how many other guys were using this program. I am pretty happy with my results so far! It not only keeps me looking at the foods I eat, it keeps me honest about going to the gym.
  • jlewis1981
    Options
    What's up guys..
    I think the calendar is a great idea.. We'll just have to wait a few months until I get to my goal.
  • billyboombox
    Options
    Damn, that calendar sounds totally HOTTTT!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the man cave http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/162376-man-cave-any-guys-on-mfp

We really need a forum section devoted to men to avoid all the women talk :laugh:
  • scoleman81
    Options
    Another guy here. It seems we are vastly outnumbered, so we must stick together.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    lol funny you should start this I did one for the guys in the success story section for the 30 somethings and up dads out there but all are welcome to join up. I will issue a challenge each week to get us working towards a goal, this week it was increase your workout by just 5%, I did it and beat that goal I got an extra 25% out of my usual workout.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I wanna be mr july
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Ive got January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Quite a few guys are on here striving for the same goals. We may not have as much weight to lose, but we're all focused on meeting our goals. Well aboard and feel free to friend me.

God Bless!

Shawn
  • kilojoule
    Options
    checking in! mfp keeping me honest! good luck
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    Well if we're calling them, then I'll take May. (that also gives me a few months to get ripped :wink: )