Heart Rate Monitor/Calorie Counter

carissagrayson
carissagrayson Posts: 16
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Which is the best Heart Rate Monitor/Calorie Counter to get?

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    HRM
  • Monicazumba2013
    Monicazumba2013 Posts: 45 Member
    I found mine at Target. It was on sale for 59.99. Its amazing!!! It comes with a watch and a strap to put across the bottom of your chest. The strap across the chest, keeps track of your heart rate and transmit that info to the watch. I LOVE IT!!! its a new balance brand!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Many people have varying opinions about this. I use a Polar FT7, it allows me to see my heart rate and the amount of calories burned. It has a watch part and a chest strap part. It is not so comfortable I would wear it all day, but it is not at all annoying to me.

Take a look at all the different types available from any sales site. I searched through amazon and read the reviews for 3-5 different types, and stuck with the FT7 because it is not the newest model, so it was 'cheaper' and it still has all the features I desire. There are some with more features, and some with less (like only heart rate). The prices vary depending on how much they offer.

I was able to buy mine for $85 from amazon first week of the year. I bought a black/gold color, and I've read that different colors cost different amounts! Ex: the red one is $115! Crazy.

Good luck on your search, and make sure to read the return policy if you are hesitant about a purchase.
  • I love my HRM! I have a Bowflex Elite which normally sells for $130 and it was on sale for $50! Couldn't pass that up, lol... It comes with a chest strap which is optional since the watch also measures your BPM, but I wear the chest strap since to me it seems much more accurate than using the watch alone... good luck in your search!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    I just got a Polar FT40 in the mail today for Valentine's day from my love! I just finished using it and LOVE it. I think the majority of people have Polar brands on here. Mine was pretty expensive but there are cheaper ones. Basically, the more expensive, the more features. I like mine because it shows me when I am in a Fat Burn Zone VS. a higher Fitness Zone. MAKE SURE TO GET A CHEST STRAP tho. I had one without it and it was overestimating by DOUBLE. I just compared an hour ago. They are not uncomfortable at all. I actually don't feel it!
  • Thanks so much for the input. I am really trying to research before I buy one since I know I will be spending a little bit of money on it :)
This discussion has been closed.