Healthy Foods At Fast Food Joints?

Options
I try my hardest not to go to fast food joints but when we're on vaction it's hard not to stop at a mcdonalds or wendy's. When I'm there what are some good alternatives? I'd love input on better fast food joints to eat at.

Thanks!

P.S i'm kind of a mcdonald's junkie:)

Replies

• Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Subway is a great place to find healthy choices, they're healthy and filling. Can't go wrong there :)
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwiches - and NEVER get fries - those are the worst! :flowerforyou:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, McDonald's has a new oatmeal---really tasty with apple chunks and dried fruit on top. Almost anywhere offers a grilled chicken sandwich. At Wendy's you can get a baked potato instead of fries.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, McDonald's has a new oatmeal---really tasty with apple chunks and dried fruit on top. Almost anywhere offers a grilled chicken sandwich. At Wendy's you can get a baked potato instead of fries.

the oatmeal is yummy at McDonalds! I was surprised
  • cjfoster
    Options
    Mikie D's is a no no unless you like oatmeal. Grill chicken is a good choice at Wendy's without the fries, coke or shake.
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Most places offer side salads, just check what dressing you pick. Also, Mcdonald's has apple dippers which aren't bad if you don't use the caramel stuff they give you. Also you can get the grilled chicken patty by itself and add it to your side salad.
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love Taco Bell's Drive Thru diet... I hate to admit it but I do.

Arby's is good for just a plain roast beef sandwich. Just leave of all the extras (cheese & sauce) as those will pack on the calories.

Any where you go just remember to eat slowly and enjoy your food. You'll find that if you slow it down and don't speed down your food you might enjoy it more, get full quicker, and eat less... Just my 2 cents.

And I second on the fries part already posted. Just eat a couple and share the rest with someone else...
  • sjarvisk
    Options
    Grilled chicken is good most places, but watch the sodium. Most fast food places have their nutrition posted on websites- plan ahead and it helps you stay on track. Burger King grilled chicken is very bad- high fat- don't know what they do to screw it up, whereas Chick Fil A grilled chicken is on a whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomoto with a total of 3g fat. But Chick Fil A's sodium is very high! The grilled chicken ceasar salad at McDonalds is pretty good nutritionally but NOT with the ceasar dressing. Use the light Italian. Some of it kind of depends on what you are paying attention to particularly- fat, sugar, sodium, etc. Good luck! Don't forget you can always ask for menu modifications and most places are more than willing to accomodate.
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    at McDonald's i always get the chicken sandwich no mayo and a side salad with the Newmans own low fat Italian....i love that dressing and its all around 500 calories or such...go check out their nutrition at the website mentioned....you can made great choices...if you try. Best of luck on your weight loss journey!! and by all means dont get the french fries!