cross training shoes?

Options
Any recommendations that won't break the bank? I have a pair of running shoes I like (although need replacing) but they push my foot too far forward with strength training and walking. I have a very high arch and prone to plantar faciitis in my heels. Has anyone tried the ones Jillian Michaels pitches? THANKS!

Replies

• jamezyjamez
    Options
    I recently did some shopping for a pair of cross-training shoes as I was having the same issue with my running shoes. It was surprisingly hard to find a pair that I liked and fit my foot properly. Most of the brick-and-mortar sports stores in my area only carry the ugly all-white styles that seem like older folks may wear (with dark dress socks of course). As I require some level of aesthetics in my shoes, I ended up ordering online from a place with a huge selection and generous return/return shipping policy and had to use the trial-and-error method. One idea is to stick with the shoe brand that makes your running shoes if you like them...or at least start with that brand.
  • pssqrd
    pssqrd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend going to Fleet Feet & getting fitted. No they are not cheap, but once I got fitted, I have bought (now on my 4th pair) my replacement pairs on ebay & saved lots of money!
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am in love with the K Swiss Tubes that JM recommend. I haven't actually worn them out of the store yet though. LOL They're my reward for my mini goal weight (3 lbs to go!) but they are really light weight, super breathable, and fun to bounce around in. They aren't super "bouncy" though, so don't expect that ;) JC Pennys has them on sale for $69.99 and Footlocker has them on sale for $59.99 but they have very limited colors and quantities left.