How To Cut Carbs?

Options
I swear EVERYDAY I try my hardest but I always go over my carbs goal of 191. What foods are killing me on the carbs? How can I cut them out? What doesn't have many carbs?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    hard to say without looking at your diary....I keep my carbs just under 100---pretty much just need to eat lean protein and lots of veggies, maybe one serving of low-carb whole grain. You just have to give up all that crap thats out there.....Its all about the veggies! one piece of very low sugar fruit--like berries.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    perhaps if you make your diary public we could help you out.... what's your fiber like? the high fiber carbs tend to not count quite as much as a simple carb...
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    PS. carbs are GOOD FOR YOU if you eat the right kind... complex carbs, brown rice, whole grains, etc. "if it's white, it aint right"

and you REALLY need carbs if you workout hard.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've just starting eating OLE tomato basil wraps instead of bread for sandwiches. They only have 5 grams of carbs, 70 calories, 12 grams of fiber, and 8 grams of protein. They are filling and yummy.

Most fruits have a lot of carbs too. So, if you eat a lot of apples, oranges ect..many of the carbs may be coming from those. Melons have the least amount of carbs if you still want the fruit.

Veggies as well. Mostly anything thats sweet, like corn.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, try eggs/egg whites instead of cereal. Don't eat sandwiches for lunch, have a salad with meats or use a lettuce leaf/low carb wrap. Like someone earlier said..eat whole grains, not white. I don't count my carbs or anything, but I try to reduce as much as possible. If your carbs come mostly from fruit and veggies, I wouldn't worry about it much.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    stay away from white bread or potatoes

instead of sandwiches and rolls, i will have some wholewheat crackers

instead of potatoes, i eat another type of veggie instead

try to change one or two things each week and it will become easier :flowerforyou:
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    Every thing on your menu is a carb, from cereal, to bread, to pasta, and your orange juice is a big carb. Anything white and process is a carb, potatoes, pasta, rice, and bread. Try and eliminate those or choose healthier choices you will cut them down!
  • scoleman81
    Options
    I use spaghetti squash instead of pasta. It's a much healthier alternative.