Exercise for Dummies.....need advice please!

Options
I just got a membership to a gym and today was my first time going (this is the start of me going daily). Anyone have any tips on how I should start out, for how long, and what machines??? I'm new at this and I don't want to hurt myself, push myself to where I want to quit and I want to see results (weight loss). I'm open for any advice!! Thanks!

Replies

• dbyhry
    Options
    As you are just going to the gym for the first time you should get an instructor to make out a short programme for you!! They will know how the machines work in your gym and a programme that best suits ur needs...good luck and lets get at it!!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    If your talking about cardio then you really can't go wrong with starting with the tread mill. The real secret is to do something every day. I would suggest 30 minutes on the tread mill and 15 minutes on any other machine in the gym this way you will start to learn the advantages and dis-advantages of the other machines
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    Just try out the machines that seem interesting to you and see what you like! The ones you can do for longer periods of time are the best, even if you don't burn as many calories per minute, you end up burning more becaue you do it for longer.
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    Check and see if your gym offers a free session with a trainer. Then they can create a plan for you to start off with and make sure your form is correct and weight levels are suitable for you.

Best of luck!