Wii owners, I have found the secret...

Options
Wii owners, I have found the secret...

...to loving exercise! JUST DANCE 2 may possibly be the most fun that I have ever had working out, and HOLY SWEATBANDS is it ever a workout. I exercise a lot and I felt like I had just run a marathon after playing for 30 minutes. The time goes by so quickly though because it's a game and you're constantly trying harder to get more points. BONUS if you have kids, you can actually get them involved in your workout. I think this game just might become a daily thing for me. Seriously look into it if you're looking for a fun way to burn off the calories.

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    :laugh: im a Helen too and couldnt agree more! I just love JD2, had to laugh yesterday, was playing with my 2 girls 8 & 12, 40 minutes later they are wanting to stop, me I could of kept going lol. When we play we keep it on shuffle mode, that way the computer picks whats coming next, so keeps you on your toes! plus just a few seconds to catch your breath between each dance.
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    Did either of you have Just Dance, the original? I have that and it's fun, but nothing to get too excited about. Yet, everybody I've talked to seems to love Just Dance 2. I'm just curious about the changes between the two.
  • clneary
    clneary Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i like the jd 1 and 2 but get zumba for wii it is fun and a really great workout....i love it and you can feel it in your legs and core....
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it because it's something I can do for fun with my kids. However, I wore my HRM one day to see how many calories I burned, it was really low. I did it for 30 minutes and only burned 130 calories. I was disappointed. The stopping to restart the next song I think it what did it.
  • lenwie
    Options
    Did either of you have Just Dance, the original? I have that and it's fun, but nothing to get too excited about. Yet, everybody I've talked to seems to love Just Dance 2. I'm just curious about the changes between the two.

I have both and like them all, JD1 give u short dance option but so far not seen that on JD2, so you have to dance full length of song, out of the 2 I would say I would play JD2 most
  • lenwie
    Options
    I enjoy it because it's something I can do for fun with my kids. However, I wore my HRM one day to see how many calories I burned, it was really low. I did it for 30 minutes and only burned 130 calories. I was disappointed. The stopping to restart the next song I think it what did it.

In the dance song selection page select Non-stop shuffle, this will just keep loading songs until youve had enough, I had it on for an hour the other day, gives you just a few seconds to grab a drink before next sing loads, just ace
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Glad to read this! I was thinking about buying this, and now I am for sure! I don't want to get bored during my workouts, so this will be a great way to mix things up!
  • lenwie
    Options
    :happy: the whole family taking it in turns to play each other right at his moment, so cant hang around here for to long or ill miss my go lol
  • ParadiseLuxe
    Options
    I love JD1 and JD2! I find it hard to stop even when I'm completely tired out and I find myself looking forward to it everyday which is a big deal for me. I was not active at all before starting. I've been known to do it for almost 2 hours before I decide to stop. Haha.
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just Got it tWo days ago and I love. I was so tired after like five songs. My bf bought a heart monitor/calorie counter because I wanted to keep track of the calories that I'll be burning. Just dance 2 is definitely going to be what I workout to =)
  • crumpgirl
    crumpgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like Just Dance and Just Dance 2, but my all time favorite is Michael Jackson's The Experience. It is so much fun because the backgrounds are just like his videos and you can choose to be him or the background dancers. Anyone that is a fan of Michael or just thinks he is the king of song and dance will love this game. I took all three to a party and everyone there agreed the MJ one was the absolute best!

I also just purchased Zumba. It is a great workout and is fun but if you haven't ever taken classes or used the dvd's it may be a little hard for you to pick up the moves.
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    I have the 4 games me too. JD1, JD2, Michael Jackson and Zumba for Wii. I enjoy and use them all, they are all good workouts! :)

However, JD2 is my favorite because the playlist is great and the calorie burn is very high (if you choose the higher intensity dances!). :D JD1 has a great playlist too, but wont get my heart pumping as much. Same with Michael Jackson... Great music, but doesnt make me sweat as much. :S

Zumba could be a very good workout too, if you are able to follow the moves (which I still struggle with since Im a beginner and not a very good dancer :S). Lots of hips movements and you're always on your toes so its hard on the calves! ;P And the music is not so good (well, to my taste)... :(
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yay! I don't have any of the dancing games, but I agree, the Wii (or any game system) is awesome for keeping it fun. I like to do the games (Fit Plus and EA Active 2 for me) because I feel like I'm getting scored, and I like to win. :laugh: With a DVD, I could sit on my butt and the lady would still tell me I was doing a great job, but not those pixel people on the Wii! :happy:
  • GinaJ2006
    Options
    Yay! I don't have any of the dancing games, but I agree, the Wii (or any game system) is awesome for keeping it fun. I like to do the games (Fit Plus and EA Active 2 for me) because I feel like I'm getting scored, and I like to win. :laugh: With a DVD, I could sit on my butt and the lady would still tell me I was doing a great job, but not those pixel people on the Wii! :happy:

lol i agree. I like getting points and I actually feel bad when the wii fit board scolds me for not coming in every day haha