Quick question

Options
Do you ever get this urge to get up and go eat something or have something in your mouth even when your not hungry? What can I do to surpress this feeling?

Replies

• nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    all of the time. Drink so ice cold water!
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    drink more water. You're probably dehydrated.
  • savvynurse
    Options
    I will be watching this post... I have that same problem..... and its always something sweet that I am craving.:sad:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I crunch on ice, drink ice cold water or chew on sugar free gum.
  • azucar100
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've narrowed it down to either boredom, sleep deprivation, or stress.
    Try to figure out what the cause is, and then combat it. TV can be a detriment too (at least for me!)

Good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • genny124
    genny124 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guy, I really appreciate it! =]
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Chew sugar free gum...it helps curb the appetite and helps with cravings.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Same here. Problem with water is, I can drink gallons of it...I mean sooo much that I jiggle, yet it doesn't seem to curb my appetite. :cry:
  • genny124
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've narrowed it down to either boredom, sleep deprivation, or stress.
    Try to figure out what the cause is, and then combat it. TV can be a detriment too (at least for me!)

Good luck in your weight loss journey.

Boredom! I usually try to watch tv but then that thought kicks in, what can I eat? And I'm not even hungry at the time when that happens.
  • debmpt
    debmpt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chewing sugar free gum helps too. Just to have something for your mouth to do. Also have lots of healthy fruits and veggies handy (washed and cut up) so you can get them quickly before you grab the chips or sweets.
  • genny124
    Options
    Ugh. Same here. Problem with water is, I can drink gallons of it...I mean sooo much that I jiggle, yet it doesn't seem to curb my appetite. :cry:

exactly, and the thing with gum is that sometimes it's just not enough, I'll try chewing on ice. =]
  • Walkersfaith
    Options
    I think the thing that we handicap ourselves with is trying to get rid of the urge instead of dealing with the urge. My advise is to learn to accept the urge but not to act on it. - When we are babies, we learn to hold our bodily waste. At first, there are accidents and lack of control but we continue to train and eventually there are never ANY more accidents. We gain control of the situatio9n. That is not to say that we don't have the urgent pangs that go along with that but we are able to contol it until the right time. The same is with food. You set out your schedule and train your body to feed at certain times. Make sure that you give yourself the right foods and the right amount but don't leave room for mistakes. The urge is going to come but we have to grow in our handling of this and gain coping skills that do not involve eating. The key is to not pretend it isn't there but to learn to accept that as a part of the process and not to react in an unhealthy way.
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you're a coffee drinker, drink some of that - with sugar free/fat free creamer. It'll taste sweet yet won't kill ya on the calories etc. The hardest part of the day for me is the half-hour drive home from work. I pop in a Sweet Watermelon stick of gum from Extra. It's SO yummy - and it kicks the craving instantly!! Good luck!
  • genny124
    Options
    Thanks lots guys! There tips really are helping, and i;m learning to control it and not act upon it =)