No more shoulder fat! (w/pics)

Options
In June of 2011 I was horrified to see pictures of my cruise. They were not good. In particular I noticed even my shoulders had fat! Devastating!
IMG_3644-1-1.jpg

I joined a gym/personal trainer program but didn't see results. Then i got introduced to MFP! Here I am (same shirt as the cruise) 6 weeks in (mid October)
IMG_1149.jpg

Look! it's loose in the shoulders!
And here is the day before my 30th birthday- January 2011. Finally feeling good about busting out the sleeveless shirts!
DSCN0979.jpg

And here's today- this shirt is much smaller than the white one- and still has room!
DSCN1181.jpg

Don't worry! as soon as I hit my full goal I'll give you the full dose of the carbo loaded crime scene that was my body! and the new body I've created also!:laugh: And yes I still constantly touch the back of my shoulders to make sure there isn't an inch of blubber on them! makes me feel good when I just hit the bone (and muscle)

Replies

• sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU :) You look great!!!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ok, you have made amazing progress in your shoulders, and that is awesome, but what I'm struck by is your WAIST! Your waist is TINY! You look fantastic. Way to go!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    I know! I have a waist! Yippee! haha- Thanks!:blushing:
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    That's great! What are you doing to trim up?
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have the same shoulder problem! Thank you for showing that it is possible to lose it!
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    LOL, Shoulder fat is not one I've thought about before! You look great, congrats!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    That's great! What are you doing to trim up?

I was working with a trainer 6 times a month for 30 mins to help tone, and doing running and walking also during the week- just to burn cals. I do like to torture myself with planks also
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You look great, where did you get those fabulous jeans?
  • kvultaggio
    Options
    Great job! That is so motivating!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    You look great, where did you get those fabulous jeans?

Express. It's the only place I shop because the stuff always fits my curves. Also helps to chart my progress as I go down sizes.:wink:
  • doris_day
    Options
    Yippee - plus check out that little hiney! Great job.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and if it's ok, you bum is rocking, lady! Beyonce watch out!
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    you look great!!!! =) howd you ad pictures?
  • Iampierre
    Options
    I'm very heavy but have lost about 30 pounds since Oct can't really tell in pics but I'm like you I can really feel the weight loss in the back of my shoulders and upper arms. I've always heard that the last place you put it on is the 1st place you take it off. It's made me excited even though no one else can tell.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    I'm very heavy but have lost about 30 pounds since Oct can't really tell in pics but I'm like you I can really feel the weight loss in the back of my shoulders and upper arms. I've always heard that the last place you put it on is the 1st place you take it off. It's made me excited even though no one else can tell.

Keep going! You'll get there! I was like that for a long time too! I still feel sometimes like my tummy is never going to go away!
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    That is awesome! FYI - We have the exact same height and starting weight : )
    In June of 2011 I was horrified to see pictures of my cruise. They were not good. In particular I noticed even my shoulders had fat! Devastating!
    IMG_3644-1-1.jpg

I joined a gym/personal trainer program but didn't see results. Then i got introduced to MFP! Here I am (same shirt as the cruise) 6 weeks in (mid October)
    IMG_1149.jpg

Look! it's loose in the shoulders!
    And here is the day before my 30th birthday- January 2011. Finally feeling good about busting out the sleeveless shirts!
    DSCN0979.jpg

And here's today- this shirt is much smaller than the white one- and still has room!
    DSCN1181.jpg

Don't worry! as soon as I hit my full goal I'll give you the full dose of the carbo loaded crime scene that was my body! and the new body I've created also!:laugh: And yes I still constantly touch the back of my shoulders to make sure there isn't an inch of blubber on them! makes me feel good when I just hit the bone (and muscle)
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are so cute! I thought I was the only one who likes lean strong shoulders..Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!