Healthy Night Time Snacks?

Options
I constantly eat chips and ice cream at night and it's awful. What are some good ways to have a healthy night time snack that will keep me full? Also is tea okay to drink at night as part of my snack fest? :)

Replies

• denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like the baked scoops and salsa - 24 scoops is 210 calories I believe and the salsa is really low - I use hot so it is nice and spicy and I really can't eat more than 24 chips.

Baked Lays also have two good flavors, Southwestern Ranch and Tuscan Italian...low in calories... or try some light popcorn....

I am like you and like to snack at night - but I am usually doing not because I am hungry, but bored and want to keep occupied....so I just choose something more calorie friendly...

Another trick I do - drink a full glass of water before the snack....you will eat alot less because you are full!!
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like graham crackers with brummel and brown on them dipped in milk. It's probably not that great but it's better than icecream and it satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • AleciaMarie21
    Options
    My recent obsession is the Del Monte Freezer Pops - the cherry ones are FAB! 55 calories, 11 sugars and 10 sodium :)
  • trailrunner_jules
    Options
    Tea is an EXCELLENT night time snack! As long as it's caffeine free (like most herbal teas) and you don't add unnecessary calories with sugar or cream or milk! Not only does tea taste good, distract you from eating and fill up your belly, the simple act of sipping and tasting the tea can be so meditative. Sip your tea and love what you are doing for your body! :tongue:

Other low or no cal options? Sugar-free Jello, popcorn (like mentioned above), celery, broth... I also found a couple of really low calorie options on the HCG recipes. Slice 6 strawberries and sprinkle a packet of truvia or splenda, etc and a tablespoon of skim milk. It tastes like Strawberries and cream. Also Cut up an apple and toss it with a little cinnamon, nutmeg and truvia in a baggie. dump it into a bowl and microwave it for 2 minutes. Makes a great baked apple.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    If I crave salty I eat plain popcorn, if I crave sweet I eat a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich....either way it is low cal, low fat and yummy
  • falcrebe
    Options
    I find that excersising a little after an early dinner will help me to feel less inclined to snack and more likely to work on a large glass of water. I also agree that having something to occupy your hands while you are watching TV helps. Of course, popcorn is one of the greatest TV snacks because it has very few calories and the light is less than 30 calories per cupfull.
  • holly0623
    Options
    Sugar free jello has 5 calories
    fudgecicles have around 50 calories
    Cottage is 90 for a half cup, and the protein is good before bed
    diet hot chocolate is 25 calories
    Night eating is my biggest problem
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I religiously eat an apple with 2 tablespoons of melted peanut butter. 260 calories. Higher than a 100 calorie snack but it's good for you and it actually helps me to eat better throughout the day bc I know I don't wanna give up my night time snack!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I religiously eat an apple with 2 tablespoons of melted peanut butter. 260 calories. Higher than a 100 calorie snack but it's good for you and it actually helps me to eat better throughout the day bc I know I don't wanna give up my night time snack!

Yumm..I have found that the peanut butter stretches farther when u eat a banana instead of an apple.
  • smh32775
    smh32775 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love the laughing cow garlic and herb cheese..35cal and then 1 serving of the special K crackers, 100 cal packs, the healthy choice 100 cal mini popcorn bags, and veggie chips.

Michele
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    100 calories popcorn
    vanilla yogurt with sliced aplles and a handful of walnuts
    sugar free chocolate pudding
    100 calorie ice cream bars
    pillbury cinnamon rolls reduced fat (130 calories with icing)
    graham cracers wiith free cool whip ( make a sandwich and put in the freezer until cool whip gets hard) like a ice cream bar

In case you were wodering..lol I am a huge night snacker!! my biggest problem