calories burned question

Options
i usually only use my wii fit and enter in the calories burned that it claims but today i added the 30 day shred. i went to log it and it says i burned about 300 cals. im just wondering if that is based on MY weight etc?? i know its just an estimate. but is it an estimate based upon ME or is it more based on the "average person"?

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I "think" it's based on your weight, because anytime I add a new exercise I've never done before, it comes up with a screen that has my weight and the time on it....
  • pbj47710
    Options
    The Wii is based on your own personal profile.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    The Wii is based on your own personal profile.
    I know the wii is. im talking about when MFP says "you burned X amount of calories". since i did the 30day shred, and dont have a heart rate monitor im not sure how many cals i burned. and i wanted to get an idea of whether MFP was basing the "calories burned" on ME or just the "average person"
  • readytoshredlbs
    Options
    To accurately track your calories burned you need a heart monitor, if you are not using a heart monitor then it will look at your personal profile, how long you exercised and give you an estimated guess...but that's all it is a guess...