Too much water?

Options
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this.. but I find that when I have 6 glasses of water a day with other foods that I just can't seem to reach more than about 1300 calories because I'm just full. I don't feel hungry. I feel like I should be trying to reach that 1500 calorie mark...but I just can't eat any more. Less water?

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    NO!!! You need the water. Recommended water intake is 8 cups per day, minimum. My trainer just told me today that he wants me consuming closer to a gallon a day, as opposed to the 96 oz I've been drinking already.
  • creolevibe
    creolevibe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm gonna have to figure out some plan ... maybe cut out other drinks like cofee and tea ...
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Just posted a reply in another topic about water- so I'll make this one a little shorter- you get water from a variety of scources (fruits, vegetables, cups of coffee or tea, etc...) So you really don't need to drink 8 straight glasses of water a day. You're getting it from other scources. Yes you should still drink water, but the 8 glasses doesnt have to be 8 actual glasses of water.
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm gonna have to figure out some plan ... maybe cut out other drinks like cofee and tea ...

Good idea. Just be careful with the coffee. You don't want to quit cold turkey and get the withdrawl headache. They're a pain.
  • carissagrayson
    Options
    I was told one time you should take your weight, divide it by half, and that is how many ounces of water you should be drinking. Although that seems like a whole lot to me. That means I should be having 131 oz a day...AHH!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to judge if you have enough water or not. The 8 glasses a day rule is absolutely false. Who ever came up with that didn't take into count individual weight, metabolism, environment, diet, or anything else for that matter. A person gets a large percentage of fluids from solid foods.

Drinking excessive anything will weaken a person, exaggerate cramping, cause tiredness, and interfere with diet; as you may be finding.

I think it would be safe to say you are drinking enough fluids.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Just posted a reply in another topic about water- so I'll make this one a little shorter- you get water from a variety of scources (fruits, vegetables, cups of coffee or tea, etc...) So you really don't need to drink 8 straight glasses of water a day. You're getting it from other scources. Yes you should still drink water, but the 8 glasses doesnt have to be 8 actual glasses of water.

Thank you!!!!
    A little research goes a long way....

I have read a few dangerous scary pieces of advice posted here. Fact check, cross reference, and think about motivations when anyone tells you anything.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    and too echo the last response, when in doubt, check with your doctor or dietitian! the internet is full of great info, but also horrible info... trying to sort it out is enough to drive anyone crazy
  • creolevibe
    creolevibe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!