How did we all get to MFP?

Options

Replies

• kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about it ! I am so glad that she did !
  • iheartmemories
    Options
    I seen it on a friend's Facebook status... went to see if my phone had it and sure enough it did. At first, I was just updating my exercise diary from my phone, then I discovered the website =)
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about it last April and I have been here ever since!!
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    After a nightmare of a shopping trip one day (I saw my half naked body in a dressing room mirror and wanted to cry because I didn't know who this horrible woman was) I decided that it was time I did this. I came across the app on the iphone app store and I have been in love with it ever since! I can't let this woman marry the man of my dreams, I WANT TO DO IT!!!
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    My Uncle MIguel had a bunch of posts on his Facebook and was checking out his food diaries for a few days and then thought hey if I'm working out ever day for gym (I'm homeschooled) I may as well start countiing calories and maybe I might lose weight :) and its working! and I love all my new friends!!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the MFP Android app back in September. I never used it until one day in late December I saw it in my app list and decided to play with it and log what I had just eaten for dinner. I fell in love and a few days later I made my way to the website. I've been hooked since then. Actually, I'm sort of addicted to this site.
  • scmusicbiz
    scmusicbiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    An article in the NY Times business section - Thursdays they have lots of tech-oriented things - had an article about online weight aids, and they mentioned MFP. I checked it out and joined. Very smart decision!
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Well my finding this site is a funny story. I overheard two of my co-workers talking about a weight loss support app they found. So I looked it up and started going full spead ahead. Only to find out this week that I need to get my hearing checked, because this is not the site they were talking about. So I'm here by mistake...lol / but loving it!!!!!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I actually found this site from my local news. There was a guy on the news from my town that created a blog 344pounds.com...he used this site, and I signed up...I didnt use it until Jan 2011, but when I found out that they had an app in the Android market..I was sold...and i havent turned back since!!!!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I think I found it doing an internet search one night. I remember thinking that it was so much easier to use and navigate than "spark People". I was at my lowest since I had just found out the my recent ex had a new girlfriend and I was looking for help and I found MFP! Thank goodness! So glad I did.

I agree...my mom mentioned sparkpeople.com to me...but this site is like 100 times better...
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I used to use caloriecount.com, which turned into caloriecount.about.com. When it did that it started getting blocked at my job so I searched for another counting site. I found one other one but the entering of cals took FOREVER so I ditched that and made one last search...MFP yay!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My doctor thought I had lupus. I had all the signs and he did a biopsy (took a huge chunk out of me and left a very noticable scar). It took a week before I got the results back. I swore during this time that if I would take better care of myself. Ended up I didn't have lupus (YAY!!!!); however, it fired a spark in me and I realized that life is precious and short and I didn't want to die unhappy with myself. :heart:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I saw a post on the Leslie Sansone message boards about MFp and looked it up! I'm so glad I did.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Well my finding this site is a funny story. I overheard two of my co-workers talking about a weight loss support app they found. So I looked it up and started going full spead ahead. Only to find out this week that I need to get my hearing checked, because this is not the site they were talking about. So I'm here by mistake...lol / but loving it!!!!!!

That's awesome, lol!!! Glad you are here :)
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My sister in law recommended it. So glad she did.

Mine did, too!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended it to me. She's lost 85 lbs with the help of MFP.
    I'm so happy she did! I never in a million years thought that I'd love tracking my calories. MFP makes it so effortless.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I got an iphone and was downloading free apps. I found MFP and looked it up and saw that it was easier to use. I had looked into Spark People and it over whelmed me so never joined. I love this site and it's keeping me very motivated and on track. Thanks to everyone's encouragement also.:smile:
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It was recommended in Parents Magazine! So glad I checked it out! Told a few friends and am hooked!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a phone app to track food/calories consumed. People seemed to keep recommending MFP everywhere I looked. So I downloaded the app, and made an account here. Then I made the mistake of coming into the forums area.... and now I can't escape. Send help, please.
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I joined here b/c I needed to really, i mean REALLY change my life.. i would always talk about wanting to work out, losing weight, get in better shape... for my wife, my kids and all the guys i hang with that are fit... not sure what has made this stick as much as it has... for the 1st time its not all talk, its more... I see my goal, what I want to achieve, not for my wife, nor my kids...but for me! deciding to not only count calories over counting points, but also join MFP has been a tremendous blessing as has meeting a lot of wonderful ppl on here that encourage and give wise advice to me who knows very little about this stuff. So glad I found this place and also very thankful to y'all for the help and support on the way to reaching my goals.. oh ya, my MFP also started as an ipod app :)