I Love how everyone is so supportive

Options
Hiya,

I just joined today after umming and arring if I would or not. Im quite a private person so putting myself out there is a big step.

After reading people's posts and stories etc I am just LOVING how much everyone supports each other!

I am from NZ and originally did weight watchers and lost 23kg, however they changed to propoints and for some reason I can't lose on it - my points over doubled yet food values didn't. So time to take things into my own hands and spend my money on more motivating things like activities instead of someone to weigh me each week.

Im excited and looking forward to joining in :) over here we deal with KGs but am getting used to the conversion LOL

Replies

• verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you're here :)

Believe me, you'll get tons of motivation and ideas and support on here.
  • eteezie
    eteezie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know how hard it is to put yourself out there -- but just look at it as accountability for something you want and need to do (get healthier). Use this site to benefit your journey! Happy Wellness to you.
  • mandz79
    Options
    I hear ya on the spending money on activities. I have just joined an aquasize class 2 times a week. Total cost of $10 a week.
    I really enjoy it and I feel like im getting something for my money.

I struggle with exercise. I really hate it. Especially at the moment, Hate the thought of been hot and sweaty in this heat.
    I have started using my cross trainer for 20-30mins 2-3 times a week.
    Once I get going I really love it. But most days I am so unmotivated :(

I havnt lost much on the scales in the past 3 - 4 weeks, but I have lost 10cm from my bust and 5cm from my tummy. Plus smaller losses from arms, neck, etc.... I get more excited by cm's lost. I find it important to measure as well as weigh.

Anyway... GL on your weight loss journey. There are some cool ppl on this site.
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Welcome!

I have only been here a week and I am in love with this site already. I love reading through the message boards and it's so heartening to read each others posts and motivate each other . I think of it as a special Facebook for diet/fitness friends.

:o)
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    HAHA yea there's just no like button like facebook!

Awesome guys - your stories are fantastic too - so much motivation. The food calculator and stuff is great.

Yea the exercise is gross, I get a bit paranoid too. Want to get back into swimming - would be great for winter mmm warm pool.
    At the moment I go to the gym and walk home the days I don't. Have some 10k walk goals in June, October and November. There is a possible 21k walk in september but think I will stick to 10k for now. I had viral meningitis end of last year so slowly does it.

Thanks for the welcome :) this is going to be great. Have told acouple of my friends about it also as they are in the same boat re WW.
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone here is so wonderful and supportive and good for that extra kick in the butt when you need it.
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    yeah you get lots of great support here... feel free to add me as a friend if you wish! :)
  • funnythunder
    Options
    Welcome! I have been here just over a month now and everyone is so great.

Good luck on your jouney. Feel free to 'friend' me xx
  • carrie340
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm in Auckland and joined a few weeks ago, hope you enjoy it as much as I am! :-)

4210516.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've heard that people who log what they eat are twice as likely to lose than those who don't. Also, the support system is priceless. I've realized that joining MFP has truly helped me get that difference between dieting and lifestyle change. Don't get discouraged when you have bad days, just get right back on the wagon and you can do it!

God Bless :-D
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    You guys are fantastic :)