warrior dash

Options
any one doing the north texas one,im thinking about doing it but im a little intimidated.I was wondering if anyone else planned on doing it.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I'm too far away to consider Texas, but when Summer comes I may do the one in Ontario. Looking at Youtubes of people doing it made it look much more possible for me. I have to see how my knee does. If it stays strong I may go for it.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the upper midwest one with a friend :D I've never done anything like it but I think it will be fun. I've been working out for 6 months at this point so by September (when ours is) I'll be fine if I just add in some specific training for it :D
  • hulkpirate
    hulkpirate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im doing the Ohio one in June! Good luck everyone!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    im mostly worried about killing myself on the obstacles
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Virginia on Oct. 1! I'm so freakin excited!! And remember, if you can't do the obstacles, you just can't win a prize. You can still be a finisher if you can't (for me) get over that big wall.

My plan of attack is to do C25K again around a track that's got the workout stations (you know, pushups, etc.) built in. So I run then stop and do strengthening, rinse and repeat.

Good luck!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I didnt know I could skip the obstcals that are tricky for me,I dont want to win a prize I just want to do it.
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the North Carolina one at the end of August :)

Pam
  • mixmistress508
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Ohio in June. So excited, I can't wait!!!!
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WD in Georgia in May. I ran a 5k last year and wanted a step up. I took 5mo off so I'm not ready for a 10k......yet. I'm trying to cross train to get ready for it. Has anyone run WD before or heard any first hand accounts of what it's like? Looks like a big party at the end......whats not to like? right? :drinker:
  • triannataylor
    Options
    I'm too far away to consider Texas, but when Summer comes I may do the one in Ontario. Looking at Youtubes of people doing it made it look much more possible for me. I have to see how my knee does. If it stays strong I may go for it.

I'm doing the one in Barrie as well!! I can't wait... although I'm scared of the fire obstacle!!