best shake

Options
i am a female trying to lose 15-18 more pounds and have been doing insanity so my question is what is a really good pre and post workout shake that i can purchase at vitamin world or GNC every time i go i get overwhelmed and end up walking out with nothing. i always get pointed to something different every time i go in there.

Replies

• Pattilynne
    Options
    The protene 95 from gnc is a good one, its a soy protene, chocolate is the best flavor, and it mixes very easily. i used to work there so i tried most of them, and at some of the stores, they have the cooler in there and they have it pre-mixed in cans that you can grab and go
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Kaizen 100% Natural Whey Protein (Strawberry Banana)

I bought this one from GNC and I've been drinking it after my workouts (and sometimes for breakfast) and I really like it. It mixes well and you only need to add it to water so it's only 115 cal 24 protein 2 carb and 1 fat for a scoop.

Tastes really nice and there are a couple flavor choices.
  • jamezyjamez
    Options
    FYI - you can find good pre- and post-workout shakes and supplements much cheaper on the web. Whey protein is a great post-workout supplement. Look for "micronized" or "instantized" to find powders that mix well. Good luck!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use Bluebonnet soy protein shake powder. It's not from GNC or Vitamin World, I got it at a health food store. But it's the only one that's natural (organic, made with no genetically engineered ingredients), has no artificial sweeteners and still tastes good. You can also try Spirutein, but the chocolate is gross. I haven't tried the other flavors, there are a bunch. But Spirutein is also natural with no artificial sweeteners and you can get it at Vitamin World.
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Preworkout - Jack3d is pretty good gives you energy really fast and make sure you go Lemon Lime if you get it but even those Gatorade Pre-Workout Drinks are pretty good

Post Workout- Whey Protein I use ProNos but it does have fat in it so some people shy away from it....finding the one for you can take a few tries looking for one that mixes well, taste well, and of course high quality whey