SBD--- Phase 1 Recipes?

Options
Hey everyone who's done/is doing SBD--- could ya'll tell me some yummy stuff to eat during Phase 1 ?

Replies

• Michellj
    Options
    Im almost through phase one. My lunches are mostly large hearty salads with beans and extra veggies like asparagus and zuchinni with some deli meat and low fat deli cheese. Dinner is a lean meat and sauteed veggies or homemade soup. My snacks are the spicy nut mix (recipe on the website) I also eat a portion of low fat plain yogurt with a dash of almond extract and packet of splenda. I make my own hummus or roasted garlic white bean dip and dip brocolli, cauliflower, peppers, and zuchinni in it. Make sure your getting enough fiber in beans and vegetables or you might back your bowels up. Im also drinking atleast 10 glasses of ice cold water all day long. I have yet to get hungry and lost 4lbs in 7 days. Good luck.
  • LindieAndie
    Options
    I ate a lot of frittatas and omelettes with eggs, peppers, tomato, light cheese, low fat deli meat. For breakfast I would cottage cheese sprinkled with a little splenda, for snacks i would portion out 20 peanuts, or a couple slices of avocado wrapped in low fat ham. I can't really remember it was so long ago! Dinner was easy.. A piece of grilled meat or fish with salad or steamed veggies. Or a casserole... Slow cookers are great to use! I would look online and find a recipe a liked and adjust to suit e.g. take out the carbs like potoato or rice, or reduce the fat etc.

On days I was starving I would make chicken and vegetable soups, they're so low in calories that I could eat bowl after bowl if I wanted and they filled me up quickly.

I found it tough in the beginning, but the more combinations of food I found to eat the easier it was.
  • LindieAndie
    Options
    Im almost through phase one. My lunches are mostly large hearty salads with beans and extra veggies like asparagus and zuchinni with some deli meat and low fat deli cheese. Dinner is a lean meat and sauteed veggies or homemade soup. My snacks are the spicy nut mix (recipe on the website) I also eat a portion of low fat plain yogurt with a dash of almond extract and packet of splenda. I make my own hummus or roasted garlic white bean dip and dip brocolli, cauliflower, peppers, and zuchinni in it. Make sure your getting enough fiber in beans and vegetables or you might back your bowels up. Im also drinking atleast 10 glasses of ice cold water all day long. I have yet to get hungry and lost 4lbs in 7 days. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I was horrible constipated those first couple weeks (sorry if TMI) beans are definitely the way to go. Drinking coffee helped too.
  • Michellj
    Options
    I have limited my caffiene to two drinks a day (which is the hardest thing for me) and on days where I skip beans, I swear I regret it. Valentines day has been tough with all the goodies brought into my work and everyone having delicious fatty, buttery, cheesy pasta and me having salmon and asparagus. boo. Maybe when I get to my goal weight I will make myself a mini chocolate cake for all the hard work.