how do you make up for a "bad" day?

Options
Had a setback as I would call it. After shopping all day, we hit the buffet, a little too hard. How do you make up for eating bad the day before?

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise a little more and eat a little less for the rest of the week until my weekly average comes out right. That way it's a little bit every day and is more manageable.
  • gdotman
    Options
    part of it depends on what you ate and how much, but I would work out a lil bit longer each day that you work out.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Exercise, water (to flush the sodium) and an "oh well...I'm still ok" attitude.

You're ok! :-) Enjoy the full belleh.
  • ready4change81
    ready4change81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle change and there are going to be setbacks. The best thing to do is not to beat yourself up over it. Just try to workout a little extra this week and watch what you eat.

I know when I have "dieted" before I would beat myself up over something like this and either try to starve myself or binge. Remember this is a "marathon not a sprint" ... Our results are an accumulation of consistent behavior--- not just one day!
    Try to stay positive :) You can do it!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I personally just get over it...and I continue on as normal the next day and all the days following. No need to "punish" yourself by killing yourself in the gym or slashing calories more which can hurt you more than help you. Just get on with with life, move on to the next day, and put this one in the past vowing to do better in the future.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I personally just get over it...and I continue on as normal the next day and all the days following. No need to "punish" yourself by killing yourself in the gym or slashing calories more which can hurt you more than help you. Just get on with with life, move on to the next day, and put this one in the past vowing to do better in the future.

I'm the same, I just move on from it. These days do happen and the best thing to do is just stay positive and keep going.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I'm the same, I just move on from it. These days do happen and the best thing to do is just stay positive and keep going.

me too....I just move on!
  • safetypins
    Options
    I felt terrible about what I ate today, so I jumped on the treadmill for a little while.

Mostly, I just exercise more.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options

Ditto. One day isn't going to ruin all your hard work. The sodium will definitely show on the scale, but you will likely be back to normal in a couple days. Just move on. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options

Ditto. One day isn't going to ruin all your hard work. The sodium will definitely show on the scale, but you will likely be back to normal in a couple days. Just move on. Tomorrow is a new day.

Me, too!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it. I have two days off from counting calories every week and it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. Having a day to enjoy yourself every now and then is absolutely necessary! Chances are you aren't going to count every single calorie for the rest of your life so give yourself some freedom.
  • sdchastain
    sdchastain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's hard to try and even out the calorie count (meaning sometimes a bad day means waaay too many calories). So, I opt to do something I'm proud of to put it behind me. Get out for a walk or find a way to get a workout in. You may not be able to burn off all the calories you ate, but you'll feel better right away and it's a way to put it behind you. Good luck!
  • radwan_masri
    Options
    Just move on with your routine; you simply cannot reverse the clock; DO NOT feel guilty, you've enjoyed your meal & it is over now.
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options

Me, too!

YUP!
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it. I have two days off from counting calories every week and it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all. Having a day to enjoy yourself every now and then is absolutely necessary! Chances are you aren't going to count every single calorie for the rest of your life so give yourself some freedom.

I Totally agree with you!!