Zumba calories?

Options
How are you zumba ladies recording them. I've been adding them as aerobics general but just found a dance aerobic and now think I should have been adding it in that catagory. If so I've been miscalculating some of my excersise calories!

Replies

• BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobics if I go to my fun studio, and just general aerobics if I do it at Lame LA Fitness. ((Her class is much easier than the fun teenager class!))
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use dancing..ballroom...fast...
  • Pisces42
    Options
    I log it in as aerobics general ... or if I really push it then high intensity.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I used "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" but I may switch to general aerobics high intensity. They tell me the instructor went easy on us today LOL!!!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I made up my own new category for it. I estimate between 300-400 calories based on my perceived exertion. A girl in my Zumba class who is larger than me wears a HR monitor and said that she burns between 300-400 calories per class. She is larger and therefore burns more, but I push myself more by exaggerating my moves and getting my arms up and stuff. I originally thought Zumba was burning like 500 calories but now I think that is a high estimate. I did order my own HR monitor though...
  • tfeasel
    tfeasel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So any ideas on Wii Zumba calories burned? I tried this first time today, and wow i am out of shape! Couldnt imagine what I would look like in a class lol
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I made my own category for Zumba because I use a heart rate monitor with the chest strap. I've heard MFP calories burn are off.
  • pmcooper
    Options
    I consistently wear a heart rate monitor and consistently burn between 400 and 600 depending on the instructor and how "full out" I do the moves....I have been logging mine under aerobics high impact and if I need to adjust the calories based my my ,monitor results I do so manually.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I calculate mine using the watch I have that counts your calories for you. In my case, I am burning twice as many as the aerobics general category. Mine was calculating my calories at 770ish, and I actually burn between 1100 & 1500 depending on my heartrate.
  • cldb
    cldb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow there's so many differences. Are these heart rate monitors quite accurate? I was thinking of investing in one but not sure which one.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Wow there's so many differences. Are these heart rate monitors quite accurate? I was thinking of investing in one but not sure which one.

The ones with a chest strap are pretty accurate. You won't be disappointed.
  • justin_time
    Options
    Take a look at http://www.zumbacalories.com enter your weight, workout duration & intensity and it will calculate how many calories you have burned based on average metabolic rates