A little bit of help please

Options
Hiya, so I did my first food thingee today (as just joined today) and I was under my calories but about 4 over on fat.

So let me get this straight, for this to work - everything needs to be bang on or under? Or is it just the calories and the othe numbers are recommended intake?

Sorry - am still just getting my head around this :)

Replies

• lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i try to be under on all. i wouldnt worry if its over by a small amount tho.
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think they are just a guide. So if you are over on the fat today, you are now aware that you'll need to reap it back a bit tomorrow. Its all about the big picture. Dont get too hung up over one day ... just try and keep to the guide day by day and then if you are over on a day, put it behind you and take it into consideration for the next day.
    Good Luck!
    Add me as a friend if you would like
    Kathryn
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Are they not goals?
    Goals are to be reached.
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    OK thanks :) am planning to be bang on or under all but just wondered if the main thing was calories or what.
    Have planned tomorrow and it's all good :D (i like to plan ahead).
    Thanks guys!!!
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    There isn't a "one size fits all" diet for everyone on the planet. Don't get bogged down with numbers. Just use it as a guide. For example, if you eat lots of fruit, you'll be over your sugar allowance, but don't let that stop you eating fruit!

I don't pay much attention to the nutrition part. As long as you are eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, then your body will be getting what it needs. Food intake varies from day to day. Eat well and it will balance out over time. You can get too obsessed with figures and sums and then the whole process becomes a chore!
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    Take them as a general guide, you will find that somedays you're under and some over, but they usually balance out in a week i find.. And remember just one weigh in per week, if you weigh in each day it can be dissappointing as your weight will fluctuate, i always do a Saturday am weigh in... Good luck, add me as a friend if you'd like to..:flowerforyou:
  • nushkat
    Options
    Fat is necessary and I think people forget this... good fats in your diet are brilliant for skin nails and the ageing process, so as long as your calorie intake is healthy, and you get your calories from a wide variety of foods (not just trans fatty junk!) then you will lose weight.... especially if you exercise

x
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    Am a Saturday weigher also, Saturday is treat day and a treat only feels good after a successful week.

Thanks for your help, I have a tendency to get bogged down with numbers and like it to be perfect so am going to make an effort to more have a healthy balance if that makes sense.

Have added you bluemoon :glasses: thanks