Vegetables

Options
Do you have to portion control and count calories of vegetables such as cabbage sproits cauli and carrots as I would assume that you can pile your plate with these (potatoes not included)?

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i would, just to keep proper track... but i guess its up to u hon :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If it goes in my mouth - I track it. For me, that is the best way to learn how to eat healthier and make better choices.

C
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    you eat it, you track it.
  • sreemanshanker
    Options
    Im new here, so pardon this question if its too sill :)

im a vegetarian and all i eat for lunch is vegetables. How do i count the calorie intake in it?

thanks
  • AmericanNewfie
    Options
    You'd be amazed how much sodium veggies have! While you can pretty much eat as much as you want if you are eating very clean, if the rest of your diet is moderate to high in sodium (1500mg or greater), you may want to keep better track. All that extra sodium will make you bloat and retain water giving you the appearance that you are not loosing weight which may depress you on your efforts.
    Also, carrots have a high glycemic index (sugar). While they are fantastic for you, I would limit them to about 5-6oz per day. At least that is where I set a guideline for my wife.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Eat them and enjoy them and yes, track them. This is how logging calories is different from gimmick diets. There aren't any tricks or "free foods" or "off limits" forbidden foods... it's real life calories eaten vs. calories burned so everything counts. I wouldn't say "portion control" vegetables as in limiting them, just log an accurate amount of how much your eating. That'll help you hit your goal for fiber too! :)

Log away! :flowerforyou:
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Borrowed from another member: "If you bite, write it"
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it! It's reinforcing to see how much veg you are eating, which may make you more likely to eat them!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I log anything that has calories in it.
  • kjb4508
    kjb4508 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gives you 'credits' for fiber, etc. Best to document everything so my coach tells me... good luck!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I def say log it but then i also say...noone ever gained weight from eating an extra celery stick....so write it and keep track but dont feel bad to eat an extra slice of tomatoe...