Feeling Guilty

Options
I cheated badly yesterday! I've done fairly well for the past five weeks and completely fell off the wagon yesterday. Someone please give me a kick in the pants to get back on the wagon!!!

Replies

• AmericanNewfie
    Options
    Eat clean today! Try to keep your sodium under 1200 mg but maintain your diet like you did before yesterday. Drink plenty of water and go workout. Lower sodium will reduce the bloat form the water weight from yesterday, water will cleanse you out and a workout will make you feel better, amongst other things.
    Also, don't feel to badly! If you have been on a regular, healthy eating plan, a good cheeat day can be a jumpstart to your metabolism, just don't do it again for a while!!!
    Get going and forget about it!!! Your body will as long as you treat it right!
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Too funny!! Condsider this your kick in the pants now it's a new day and start fresh. You can do it!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Here's your kick! Now kick me back because yesterday sucked for me too!
  • HBean
    HBean Posts: 55
    Options
    If I really need a kick up the backside I look at people's progress pics and read their stories on the message boards. There are loads of really inspirational people on here :smile:

Also it was just one day out of five weeks, chances are if you get back on track today, your 'off' day wont even make any difference to your progress.
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, remember this is not a crash diet it is a lifestyle change. Do you really think everyone is perfect everyday? i am not but i am honest in my diary that is what counts. Today is a new day!
    So reflect on what you ate and make a pllan for the next time to still be a little bad but not as bad as you were yesterday. Do some exercise today to burn the bad calories from yesterday. All is not lost from one bad day.
    Hope this helps.
  • geocookie
    geocookie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY as Wardba4 says.. It's a lifestyle change, not a crash diet. SOOOO, you crashed yesterday! Happens to the best of us. Just pick yourself up and say, "That pig-out day didn't feel very good. Losing weight DOES! I'm back on the program today and it's going to be my best day yet!" :-D
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the kick in the pants. It is exactly what I needed to get my mind set to get back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend! I have been on MFP since early January, and this is my first post. Together we can accomplish our goals!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • denacutrone
    Options
    put it behind you-today is a new day! buckle down and dig in!
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up we all get those days just start afresh and you'll be good :wink:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    One cheat day isn't going to kill you. Just get right back to it. Stop with the feeling guilty stuff. This is a process and it's normal to cheat every now and then.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    We all deserve a break every once in a while so don't beat your self up about it. As long as those "Every Once In A Whiles" don't happen more often than not. LOL. Today is a new day to get back to it. Back to work, play time is over. Have a wonderful Sunday and a great week ahead.