Protein Shakes

Options
I'm looking for Protein Shakes for weight loss, any suggestions? :smile:

Replies

• ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just bought myself a bottle of Smart Sense Whey & Soy Protein shake mixes (chocolate & vanilla flavors) at Big K (KMart)... $11.99 for a 1 lb container... 14-15 servings each. They are not bad. I've only been using it for just under a week, so can't confirm how well they work yet. I am adding them in as I seem to be loosing weight, however, I'm also gaining body fat and loosing lean muscle....so, I'm hoping these work for me.

Lisa
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Costco has the premier nutrition vanilla shakes that are relatively low in calories yet high in protein. The taste is decent and when I am traveling and it's difficult to get in a decent meal at least I know that I can get some protein.
  • theresalizotte
    Options
    Hi my name is Theresa and I have a idea for you. I am a Beach Body Coach The protein shake is called Shakeology. if your interested in more information email me at theresatlizotte@aim.com and I will give you the link to look into this. I am on it as a beach body coach and I am so happy with it. Its build with all supperfoods.

You aren't suppose to add links to this page so you will have to email me.

Hoping I can help.
    Theresa Lizotte
  • chelcscarbrough
    chelcscarbrough Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I buy Jillian Michaels' Meal Replacement Ultimate Shakes. They are 180 calories with 16g of protein and I haven't tried the vanilla flavor but the chocolate flavor is delicious. I generally have them for breakfast.
  • eag8302
    Options
    @ chelcscarbrough- When you drink the shake, does it make you full last longer?
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    ha ha ha i bought muscule milk but after reading this i fear i bought the wrong thing..
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Theresa and I have a idea for you. I am a Beach Body Coach The protein shake is called Shakeology. if your interested in more information email me at theresatlizotte@aim.com and I will give you the link to look into this. I am on it as a beach body coach and I am so happy with it. Its build with all supperfoods.

You aren't suppose to add links to this page so you will have to email me.

Hoping I can help.
    Theresa Lizotte

Theresa, we're also not supposed to request people e-mail or message us for more info. Mike (site owner) wants us to direct people to the main Beachbody/Shakeology site so there's no perception of us recommending things just for the commission. I'm sure you're not but I'm just trying to head off the Beachbody naysayers which will jump all over this post.
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I use Labrada CarbWatchers 250cal 40g protein chocolate/vanilla/strawberry flavors. They taste pretty good.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    A meal replacement, like muscle milk, or myoplex, will work pretty good. Personally I prefer using the cheaper whey protein. I usually use body fortress, you can get 2lbs for about 15 dollars at walmart. Then adding in a serving of fruit, and some ice. I'm usually fuller after a good protein shake, than after most of my normal meals, but I try to keep my meals around 300 calories a piece.
  • theresalizotte
    Options
    Brett
    I appologize I am very new to this site. I wasn't aware of this either. I appologize to anyone I may have offended.
    Theresa
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like muscle milk, you drink after you workout to build lean muscles, and you can use it as a meal replacement, and yes it does make you full!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I drink the choclate EAS Whey Protein powder with 10 oz of milk and a whole banana blended together. AMAZING right after a workout. Tastes really good, and is pretty filling. Highly recommend it! We get it at Sam's.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The protein shake I drink is from GNC and it's only 115 cal (with 24 protein, 2 carb and 1 fat) and while I'm not sure protein shakes are "to lose weight" necessarily, this one is low cal and mixes with water so it's an easy and nice tasting way to get in protein and keep those calories in check.

The one I bought is Kaizen 100% natural whey protein (strawberry banana flavor)
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I use Isolate Advantage protein powder from Costco. They have vanilla and chocolate flavor. They are really good just mixed with milk. Also, I read recently in Mens Health magazine that frothing the milk in a proteing shake helps you feel fuller. So, I got a handy milk frother for $20 at Williams Sonoma. It really does help to mix it all together (so you don't get chunks of protein powder...ick!) and the frother makes it taste more like a milk shake. Good luck!
  • chelcscarbrough
    chelcscarbrough Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @ chelcscarbrough- When you drink the shake, does it make you full last longer?

Yeah, I feel pretty full afterwards. It holds me over until lunch.