Any South Beach-ers out there?

Options
Me and my mom call it "being on the beach" sounds a lot better then on a diet.."Mommy can we have some V8 splash?..No honey that's for people on the beach"

Was it as bad as you were expecting? Does it get better/ easier as you go along? Anyone past phase 3 and still doing it??

Replies

• lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm not on it right now, but I just re-read the book and I'm considering starting at Phase II. I'm still not convinced Phase I is essential. I am able to keep carbs low because I've done it in the past and don't think I need to restrict myself so much. It's just an idea.

Here's what I like about it: Lean proteins, good fats, whole grain carbs, and no limit to the amount you eat! I've had some days where I was able to test it out and I was never hungry, under my MFP calories and lost a pound.

Once I get my pantry under control I think this will be the way I eat.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    Yah it's hard but i really love that I'm never hungry. its kinda scary tho to only be eating around 700-900 calories but..I've lost about 4 pounds this week! I can go with out bread, I was doing that before I started South Beach its the sweet treats that get me. But all in all I love it and I think once I'm over the cravings I can get used to this. Can't wait to start phase 2, I miss fruit
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I'm not on it right now, but I just re-read the book and I'm considering starting at Phase II. I'm still not convinced Phase I is essential. I am able to keep carbs low because I've done it in the past and don't think I need to restrict myself so much. It's just an idea.

Here's what I like about it: Lean proteins, good fats, whole grain carbs, and no limit to the amount you eat! I've had some days where I was able to test it out and I was never hungry, under my MFP calories and lost a pound.

Once I get my pantry under control I think this will be the way I eat.

With Atkins and South Beach, Phase 1 is there for those people that have strong carb, sweet / sugar, starch cravings. If you have no cravings or your cravings are under control, then starting at Phase 2 is perfectly acceptable.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    With Atkins and South Beach, Phase 1 is there for those people that have strong carb, sweet / sugar, starch cravings...

And that I have! almost everyday I have had a sweet treat. Last night was my biggest indulgence with a 664 calorie piece of cake. ouch :(
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    With Atkins and South Beach, Phase 1 is there for those people that have strong carb, sweet / sugar, starch cravings...

And that I have! almost everyday I have had a sweet treat. Last night was my biggest indulgence with a 664 calorie piece of cake. ouch :(

Yeah, you should really consider doing Phase 1 to rid your body of the cravings............Cravings are actually addiction and it is good to break the addiction.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    Yeah, you should really consider doing Phase 1 to rid your body of the cravings............Cravings are actually addiction and it is good to break the addiction.

Yup I'm starting week 2 of phase 1 tommorrow. I think I might have to add a week 3 because the cravings arent going to go away if I keep eating them!