This is a breeze!

Options
OK so I (now) truly believe that even when YOU want to lose weight, it wont happen until you body is ready and you are TRULY ready.

I've done MFP before and found it SO HARD to stay within my calories, hard to not snack when I wasnt hungry. Working out daily? oh no! Giving up my Dr. Pepper? Impossible!

But this time something has clicked in my head! I dont want the snacks very often and when I do, it's easy to talk myself out of them. Working out everyday has become a breeze! I set my MFP settings to where I would only work out 3-4 days a week, and here I am doing 6 without even thinking about it (I take weigh in day off from working out) I have had 2-3 DP's in the past 3-4 weeks (whenever it was that I joined here) and NONE this past week! I don't even want it! I don't even think about the entire case that is sitting in there by my fridge!

I KNOW my body is truly ready this time, as am I!

I'm not bragging or anything, but I see so many people on here talk about "oh i want that cupcake!" "i just cant give up my pop" etc. And I'm not saying those people arent ready. Everyone is different. But am I the only one who is NOT having such a hard time cutting out the junk from my diet?

Also who all has tried and tried to lose weight, but failed, then all of a sudden something just clicked and you knew it was the time?

Replies

• Ashtarot
    Ashtarot Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I managed to give up my beloved cokes, still working on the junk.
  • namrettik
    Options
    It's clicked for me. I may eat junk on occasion, but I try to never go over my calories. It's been more difficult for me to reach my calorie goals more often than not. I need a bigger breakfast or something.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think seeing all the success of ours makes it easier. I am having a hard time not grazing, which is my problem. But I'm not sure I would say this is a breeze.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    i've cut waaaay down on my coffee with cream & sugar, down to 2 cups a day in the morning, I usually have 6-8 all day. But even though i AM ready to do this, THose 2 cups in the morning.lets just say, its better for anyone who comes in contact with me that I still have them
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    it finally clicked for me when I went a few months without giving in to a temptation, then i did. adn i was so disappointed. i thought chocolate cake tasted so heavenly and I wanted it every time i saw it. then one day i allowed myself to have some, and it didn't taste as good. and i felt sluggish and tired and bloated all the next 2 days. it clicked then, that i don't want that. and my body doesn't either. it's so easy to say no now!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Im with you...for the first time I dont seem to be struggling...I even got up this morning to make up yesterdays workout because I missed it...not just didn't get to do it but truly MISSED working out and hated it. I may add a Saturday workout because today was so energizing. I may get discouraged down the line but for now im on cruise control.
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yep... it feels weird. Everytime I've tried to lose before the cravings were CRAZY. This time I'm not missing anything. Perhaps my body and my mind finally agree on something... just hope they keep it up :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Once you have your mind set and you are commited 100%....not commited with conditions...you will soar through this. Why? Because now you are truly tired of not giving it your all. You are tired of the yo-yoing. You are tired of disappointing yourself.

When that light bulb went off for me it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so proactive in my weight loss now. I am finally putting myself first instead of everything and everyone else. I realized that when I'm feeling good everything & everyone around me benefits.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Yes, I feel the same way. Something happened to me over Christmas this past year and I don't know exactly what it was, but it changed everything. I always thought, I'm so tired of fighting this (weight problem) and then one day I just thought, why is it a fight? All I have to do is decide that I belong at a different weight. And then it was easy.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!! I've been on a "diet" for most of my life.....the last 17 years anyway and I always quit sometimes only a few hours into the first day.

In january 2010 I just started another "diet" and found it easier than ever before then 4 months late I found out about MFP and here I am over a year later smaller than I've been in almost 10 years......only 40ish lbs away from my goal and other than the dreaded plateau I still find it mostly "easy"

exercize is just part of my life (even though I don't always love it) and I can't imagine not eating healthy, when I have cheat days I enjoy them but I'm always happy to be back to healthy eating.

I just hope maintence turns out to be just as "easy"
  • brasslady1
    Options
    That's exactly how it happens when you are ready... this is partialy related I guess...but my husband and I had tried to quit smoking for years and years and it just didn't work..........10 years ago we put the cigarettes down and haven't touched them since...we were finally ready....I think the same applies to our eating habits....So proud for you...and I know you feel much better with the control...
  • SillySarah
    Options
    I KNOW my body is truly ready this time, as am I!

I'm not bragging or anything, but I see so many people on here talk about "oh i want that cupcake!" "i just cant give up my pop" etc. And I'm not saying those people arent ready. Everyone is different. But am I the only one who is NOT having such a hard time cutting out the junk from my diet?

Also who all has tried and tried to lose weight, but failed, then all of a sudden something just clicked and you knew it was the time?

Congratulations on making it through the transition from less healthy to more healthy. Being healthy is a lifestyle, not a fad and it just takes time along with small changes here and there.

I know I have always struggled with feeling deprived and hungry because I would exercise sooo much and then, thinking that I had to restrict what I ate to only rabbit food, I never really felt very good or healthy. The weight also wouldn't shift or come off. And because I wasn't eating enough (unhealthy) my mood was horrible. Who wants to live life like that?

After many years, I've found a daily caloric intake and a daily menu that is satisfying and that keeps the weight off. Any more, I don't think of my eating and exercising as trying to lose weight. Instead, I focus on enjoying how invigorated I feel after a workout and how tasty each meal is. It helps me to focus on the positive aspects of health instead of always thinking that I am not "where I should be at" weight or fitness wise. This doesn't have to be a battle.

The hardest part of staying healthy is just being consistent in all the little things that add to our health. And like you said, you just have to be ready to change.
  • SillySarah
    Options
    Once you have your mind set and you are commited 100%....not commited with conditions...you will soar through this. Why? Because now you are truly tired of not giving it your all. You are tired of the yo-yoing. You are tired of disappointing yourself.

When that light bulb went off for me it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so proactive in my weight loss now. I am finally putting myself first instead of everything and everyone else. I realized that when I'm feeling good everything & everyone around me benefits.

You are so right.

When weight loss stops being about what we can't do and becomes a journey to become who we can be, it's like everything starts to fall into place. Everyday is a gift and has a purpose.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's great that you are finding the motivation to stick to a healthy exercise and diet routine. Unfortunately i have not yet found that power and find myself craving all things sugary. I am not overweight but i am keen on becoming more lean and being able to run 100 metres without stopping. Overall that is a fantastic job you're doing and i wish you the best of luck :)
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have tried to "lose weight" for years - never achieved it, never actually really bothered, not properly anyway! This time I gave up my coke without a second thought, ate vegetables that beforehand I would of turned my nose up at and ACTUALLY exercise up to 3 times a week - just for changing my attitude Ive lost 18lbs in the last few months and hope to achieve another 30lbs by summer!
  • shariann3
    Options
    So lucky you all are that one day it clicked "just like that"! Wow, I'm jealous! I have my good and bad days/weeks and keep thinking that eventually the good will outweigh the bad simply become a habit long enough for me to stick to my calorie goals. Awesome for you, keep it up :)
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    After a few years of dieting for a few days, giving up, getting tired of being big, and starting the cycle all over again, something finally clicked with me. There's ice cream pizza, fried chicken strips, and sugary cereals in the house right now, which normally would be my downfalls. For whatever reason, though, they aren't tempting me. I've had a handful of candy, a spoonful of ice cream, some butter on a baked potato, and a slice of pizza, but I eat those because I'm not going to deprive myself of those things for the rest of my life. Eating that handful of candy, or the piece of pizza, isn't going to make my body shut down and stop losing weight.
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I can't believe I waited and made excuses for so long. One day I just woke up and said enough is enough! I actually ENJOY exercising and I love discovering new, delicious, healthy recipes. I just hope this motivation and determination doesn't waiver too much before I reach my goal...