Day 1 and already frightened!

Options
Today is the first day of my new journey and I am thinking what have I done?! But with new found friendships and support I hope to become successful in losing some weight and becoming more active! Here goes nothing!

Replies

• mariapilgreen
    Options
    All you need is a positive attitude, dedication and great support group!! And that is what this is all about!!! You GOT THIS!!!! =)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    dont' be frightened. we are all family here with similar journeys. this is a great place to be. just take it one day at a time.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Change that to "here goes everything" and you'll be amazed by how this site will help you. Commit to your daily food diary and try to sneak in as much exercise as you possibly can. You might only lose inches at the beginning, but pretty soon the pounds will follow.

Best of luck with the start of your new life!

Christabeltoria
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    40 days ago I wasn't doing any of this. No regular exercise outside of daily routines, ate most whatever I wanted, etc. Now I'm doing all of that, and more. It can all be a big change, but take a good attitude into it, and give it your all. Lots of support to be had here, and great information, too.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • are0721
    are0721 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! No reason to be afraid! Everybody here is amazingly supportive and provide so much motivation. I found this website by chance and didn't really have any goals in mind, and here I am, 2 1/2 months later, and haven't missed a day logging in. Just remember that if you fall off the wagon, tomorrow is another day! Make use of the posts, because there is so much great information to be had! Good luck on your journey!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! You can do it!
  • Sammyk50
    Sammyk50 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Lol, u will love this site! It has really helped me! Add me if u would like :flowerforyou:
  • ethel64
    Options
    tons of great people and alot of support and information, you will do great WELCOME!!!! :smile: :smile:
  • rychefan
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance everyone! This already feels like family! My motivation level has moved up!:smile:
  • NguyenTJ
    NguyenTJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's what its all about!! High energy, High motivation, High results :)
  • JulesFitness
    JulesFitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dear rychefan, I know exactly where you are coming from. I joined last week, but I actually gained a pound. My eating and exercise wasn't spot on for loosing weight, but this week will be different. I have a plan and I will stick to the plan. You need to do the same thing. Find out what works best for you and go for it, ALL THE WAY. Julie
  • JulesFitness
    Options
    Dear rychefan, I know exactly where you are coming from. I joined last week, but I actually gained a pound. My eating and exercise wasn't spot on for loosing weight, but this week will be different. I have a plan and I will stick to the plan. You need to do the same thing. Find out what works best for you and go for it, ALL THE WAY. Julie
  • JulesFitness
    Options
    Started with a supplemental diet today. I am not getting enough vitamins or supplements with the foods I am eating. I am perimenopausal and I gained 11 1/2 pounds since October and it all ended up in my stomach and midriff area. I have never had that before. I have also started a strength training program along with cardio. I'm pumped to lose weight which, now with the supplements, I know I will.
  • GooneyAngel
    Options
    Here goes everything! A positive attitude and the support of friends (MFP friends, also) and willing to succeed! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • windwaterbliss
    Options
    i'm new too.. let's help each other!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Strange confession- when I joined MFP I actually wasn't trying to lose weight. My friend was and thought the site was neat. I just started adding my food and using it to have conversations with her. I had a very "here goes nothing" attitude.

Then I made small changes.
    Then I saw a post about C25K and decided to try it.
    Then my pants didn't fit.
    I didn't weigh for a whole month at least and then felt so rewarded that I kicked it into high gear.

There is nothing wrong with starting out a little tentative and ramping it up as it works for you. No need to jump in headlong. One small step at a time!

Welcome!
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Change that to "here goes everything" and you'll be amazed by how this site will help you. Commit to your daily food diary and try to sneak in as much exercise as you possibly can. You might only lose inches at the beginning, but pretty soon the pounds will follow.

Best of luck with the start of your new life!

Christabeltoria
    I agre with you completely Christabeltoria.

I find the food diary very motivating - it helps me choose my food more wisely and encourages me to exercise to burn up some of the calories as well. Not to mention the friendly welcome for you people out there too!
  • shan2bthin
    shan2bthin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid. If you stay within your calorie range and faithfully record on MFP, you will see a weightloss and an uplifting change. Best in health!
  • bailyboo
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • lizzycomp
    Options
    Baby steps! The first one you took was the most difficult one... Joining! Don't be hard on yourself... this is an excellent tool for getting to know where you need to make adjustments so you can meet your goal. The best part is "you" own this! No judgment...so you be nice to you and enjoy your journey. Wishing you great success!