35 cal pumpkin cheesecake bites

Options
2»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I was looking for something like this. I want to bring treats into the office on Monday and am not much of a cook or baker.

What is pure stevia versus splenda or what the recipe calls for? Also can you use low fat cottage cheese?

Yeah, I used low-fat cottage cheese - I don't see why you couldn't use any cottage cheese you wanted.

Pure stevia is a really fine powder - they don't sell it in a ton of places. You can't substitute it 1:1 for regular sugar or the splenda that's made for baking, because it's much sweeter/more concentrated. 1 serving for coffee is like 1/32 of a tsp or something ridiculous like that. Common stevia products have fillers/additives and it's not as concentrated, so you use more of it to make something as sweet vs. using pure stevia. To be honest I don't know the exact conversion - I used about 1/2 a tsp of pure stevia or something small like that for the batch I made. Here's a website about it: http://www.quick-weightloss-solutions.com/stevia-for-cooking.html

Make sure you make a test batch and have an alternative in case it doesn't work out. It took me a couple tries to get it right - you have to blend it really smooth (cottage cheese chunks cook a little funny), and I had to cook it longer than the recipe called for.
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amandakay23
    Options
    Mmmm bump
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    bump
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    Bump
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I mixed it up with fat free cottage cheese and Egg Beaters instead of eggs. 400 calories in the entire pan. It's in the oven right now....

Thanks for posting the recipe!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    idk about these...it sounds nasty
  • sophie2008
    Options
    Wow sounds good!
  • Ganners
    Options
    bump
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    idk about these...it sounds nasty

To each his (or her) own - but it would have been nice if you had actually tried them before passing judgement. It's one thing if you tried it and didn't like it, but another to post something like this when you haven't even tried it. I realize not everyone will want to try every recipe - if it doesn't sound appealing to you, read it and move on... there's no reason to post a comment like that.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bump sounds yummy!
  • jlpdelorme
    Options
    bump