Hungry Girl's Chocolate Marshmallow Madness Cupcakes

Options
Tralee1111
Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
I decided to make these tonight after watching HG's show Saturday on chocolate goodies. These are delicious! As she did on the show, I poured the batter from the bowl into a pourable measuring cup to fill the cupcakes. Couldn't be easier! Just note that you only use 1/2 the box of cake mix. Gee, guess I need to make these again since I have 1/2 a box of cake left!!

CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW MADNESS CUPCAKES

1 packet 25-calorie hot cocoa mix
1/2 (18 1/4-ounce) box devil's food cake mix (about 1 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon no-calorie granulated sweetener (recommended: Splenda) or granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

GLAZE:
1/4 cup jet-puffed marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon light vanilla soymilk

TOPPING:
1 tablespoon mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more, for optional garnish
12 mini marshmallows, plus more for garnish, optional

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray.

For the cupcakes:
In a tall glass, combine cocoa mix with 2 ounces hot water. Stir until cocoa dissolves. Add 6 ounces cold water and stir well.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg substitute, sweetener, and salt. Add cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth.

Evenly distribute cake mixture among the prepared muffin cups.

Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.

To make the glaze:

Put the marshmallow creme in a small dish. Add soymilk and mix well.

Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, drizzle marshmallow glaze over them. Top each cupcake with 1/4 teaspoon chocolate chips and one mini marshmallow.

Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish the cupcakes with additional chocolate chips and marshmallows, if using.

PER SERVING (1 glazed and topped cupcake): 113 calories, 2g fat, 230mg sodium, 21.5g carbs, 0.75g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 2g protein

Replies

• tina8884
    Options
    sounds yummy!!
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    Funny, I made (and just finished eating) the Hungry Girl Death by Chocolate Cone Cakes tonight. They were delicious, and super easy, which I love about all of the Hungry Girl recipes.

Death By Chocolate Cone Cakes 1 cone: 93 cal, 2.5 gfat, 130 mg sodium, 16g carbs, 1 g protein

For cone cakes:
    12 cake (flat-bottom) cones
    1 C. moist-style choc cake mix (1/4th of an 18.25oz. box)
    One 25 cal. packet diet hot cocoa mix
    1/4 C. fat-free liquid egg sub
    2 tsp. mini semi sweet choc. chips

For topping:
    1 Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding Snack
    2 Tbsp choc frosting
    2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles

Preheat to 350. In a medium mixing bowl, combine pudding and frosting, stirring until mixed well. Refrigerate until cakes are ready to be frosted. Place mini choc chips and contents of cocoa pkt in a tall glass. Add 1/4 C. boiling water. Stir until chips & cocoa until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup cold water and stir well. Place cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture and egg sub, and whip batter with a fork or whisk for 2 minutes. Set aside. Make sure cones stay upright/sit flat. Place each cone upright in a cup of a 12 cup muffin pan. Carefully spoon batter into cones until cones are a little more than halfway full. Allow cones to sit for a few minutes while batter settles. Very carefully transfer pan to the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool Cone Cakes completely, then evenly distribute frosting mixture over the cupcakes, covering the tops entirely. Add 1/2 tsp. sprinkles to the top of each frosted Cone Cake. Makes 12 svgs.
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    omg! Ive got to try these!!! thanks for sharing :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    yummmmmm!!!!!! thanks!
  • Tralee1111
    Options
    OMG Kid, those sound good too! I will definitely need to make those for the snackers in the house!

I agree -- Hungry Girl recipes are easy and good. I did try and make those kale chips she had on two weeks ago. Didn't turn out, but at least I tried!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this recipe and thanks to Kid70 for the Death by Chocolate Cone Cakes! Armed with all this chocolate, I shall win the battle of the sweet tooth! :drinker:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I kept the episode on m DVR, so I could make these, but since it is typed out here I will just BUMP, and have it in m topics. Thanks
  • Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    OMG Kid, those sound good too! I will definitely need to make those for the snackers in the house!

I agree -- Hungry Girl recipes are easy and good. I did try and make those kale chips she had on two weeks ago. Didn't turn out, but at least I tried!

I was wondering about those Kale Chips. They seemed to good to be true!
  • Tralee1111
    Options
    I was wondering about those Kale Chips. They seemed to good to be true!

Maybe mine were too soggy to start. I don't know. They did turn out crispy but had a weird aftertaste.
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    Bump