how much are you loosing?

Options
Hi everyone, just wondering how much is everyone averaging per week--loss? So far I've only lost 1lb per week. I'm about to start week 3. I can tell that I've toned up some and I'm not as hungry and it seems like that I'm getting my cravings under control and being more aware of what I eat. Is this really the norm 1lb/wk? I eat about 1290 cal/day and usually walk 30 min every day and light strength training MWF for about 20 min. Is there anything else I should be doing to get better results? Should I just be patient and continue what I'm doing?

Replies

• amye353
    amye353 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just wondering how much is everyone averaging per week--loss? So far I've only lost 1lb per week. I'm about to start week 3. I can tell that I've toned up some and I'm not as hungry and it seems like that I'm getting my cravings under control and being more aware of what I eat. Is this really the norm 1lb/wk? I eat about 1290 cal/day and usually walk 30 min every day and light strength training MWF for about 20 min. Is there anything else I should be doing to get better results? Should I just be patient and continue what I'm doing?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I would love 1 lb a week. I lose about 2 lbs per month. I does matter how much you need to lose total.
  • kitteerae
    Options
    I lost about 5 lbs in 2 weeks!! I'm so happy!!!
  • mildrede40
    Options
    I only weight mysef once a month so I will on the 27th. The scale can be great but it can also be a pain in *** . I have found that when I work out the scale is not friendly forme to get on it every week. But once a month its my friend. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    1 lb a week is great! That shows you are losing weight the right and healthy way and losing fat, not muscle. When you lose weight too quickly sometimes that means you are losing muscle mass instead of fat. They say it isn't healthy to lose more than 1-2 lbs a week so you are right on track! Keep doing what you are doing, your doing great. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit more so than what the scale says.
    Good luck!!!
  • amye353
    amye353 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ok, thanks for the replies! I guess I just need to be the big "P" word --PATIENT! That's the hard thing! Ok though if 1lb/ week is good, that's great. Better than none at all and at least it is progress! My goal was to loose 10, so only 8 more!:smile: Good luck to everyone!
  • kflammer
    Options
    I agree 100% with alwaysenl :smile:

You are doing fantastic at 1 lb a week. The Healthy way is the only way to go. It may seem like a long road ahead at 1 lb a week, but before ya know it you will reach your goal. At some point down the road if you are not loosing anything and at that stop sign then you may need to up your calories a little and trigger your body to the next step. Maybe even add a little resistance to your workout, but you have awhile and you will know.

The best way to tell results is by how your clothes fit and you feel.

So KUDO's to you for a job well done, keep up the good work.

And if you have not already, consult a physician and they can guide you with the calorie intake too down the road.:flowerforyou: