i don't get it!

Options
i've been working out consistently for at least 45 minutes 5 days a week, i'm eating under my calories every day... and yet the scale says i've gained one pound.

what am i doing wrong?

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Possibly not eating enough.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You're not doing anything wrong. Don't focus on the scale. Take your measurements and go by those numbers. You're gaining muscle as you work out and you're still losing weight. The scale can't show you that but your clothes can!
    Keep up the great work!
    R :flowerforyou:
  • ErinLauren
    ErinLauren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You getting all your water intake? What kind of exercise are you doing each day?
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A lot of exercise can gain muscle weight. Be sure that you eat enough food, and the correct type of food. I don't know how often you weigh yourself, but try to keep it to once a week.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    starvation mode has kicked in and your body is storing everything you eat. eat you calorie goal and no less especially if you are working out. when it says you have earned calories eat them also. you need these calories to keep your metabolism up. You might want to do some research on this.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i've been working out consistently for at least 45 minutes 5 days a week, i'm eating under my calories every day... and yet the scale says i've gained one pound.

what am i doing wrong?

How much under are you every day? Are you eating enough? Counter-intuitively, sometimes you have to eat a little more to lose weight. A bit like with water - you only stop retaining it when you are drinking enough :smile:

C
  • jozzi
    jozzi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear you . .. I did great the first two weeks and now this last week I've gained almost two pounds. I've been sick and although hydrating myself still feel dehydrated and have had no appetite, consequently not meeting my calorie intake. Thanks for the tips from your readers. :)
  • marrtini
    Options
    remember that muscle weighs more and there are weeks when your body will fight you on losing the weight. Don't focus on the scale so much .. focus on your inches lost and how you look and feel.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You aren't doing anything wrong. It took me about 6 weeks before the scale started to move. Your body is likely changing composition. Seems like this phenomenon happens more in people that don't have massive amojunts of weight to lose and more common in women. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see results.. It is hard to be patient but persistance will pay off. If you make your diary public than we also could get better idea of your intake and food quality.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You are WAY under in calories and WAY over on sugar most days. You're getting very few fruits and veggies, and a lot of processed food. You're not getting enough nutrients to refuel your body. East more healthy food, give it a couple of weeks, and you should see results. Good luck!
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    1. You are starving yourself. You are consistently eating about 1,000 calories a day.
    2. You are eating mostly processed foods which are high in sodium and nasty crap that will make you hang onto your weight.
    Anyone who says you aren't doing anything wrong did not look at your diary. I'd suggest a total revamp of your food plan and get some nutrition going. Good luck!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Is your diary complete? Many days no supper recorded! If it is accurate agree you need to get more calories in............or if your diary is incomplete make sure you record everything so it can be analyzed better.
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    I agree, you are definitely not eating enough or the right things!

You need more fruits and vegetables, less pre made meals. One suggestion I would make is to change your Greek yogurt. It's great for you, keep eating it! However, switch to plain Greek yogurt and add your own fresh strawberries. It'll be a lot better for you!

Here's a regular day for me, I'm a vegetarian so whenever I have tofu or soy based foods you can switch them out for eat, but keep in mind it will be more calories and fat than meat substitutes.

Breakfast: 1 egg white with a sprinkle of low fat cheese, 2 veggie bacon slices, plain Greek yogurt mixed with fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, bananas, raspberries. (and/or toast!)

Lunch: spinach salad with carrots, feta cheese (like less than half a serving size) and organic sun dried tomato vinegarette, brown rice with and black beans

Dinner: flat bread, tomato sauce, mushrooms, veggie Italian sausage (crumbled), spinach, onions and maybe some low fat cheese and then baked like a pizza

Snacks/desserts: banana with 1 tablespoon of nutella, apple cinnamon veggie straws, dark chocolate almonds, or fresh fruit salad with half a cup of plain Greek yogurt, roasted soy nuts and a tablespoon of nutella (all stirred up) yum! Or just an apple or some grapes. Sea salt veggie strips are delicious too, or ill enjoy a 100 calorie bag of popcorn