Hey all!!

smareeh
smareeh Posts: 117 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Summer and I have been a member for about a week now. So far I am LOVING this community of people. The support and motivation is great. I LOVE MFP! I plan on sticking around awhile.

Little about me.....small town country girl, married the farmer, SAHM, I have 2 boys ages 6 & 5 and a little girl that will be 2 very soon.

My biggest hurdle will be this summer. My husband and I own and operate a custom harvesting operation. Basically we leave our home in Indiana mid may, to travel the west harvesting wheat. We are gone Mid may through begining of August. We have a crew of 4 guys we hire and it is my job to pack there lunches in the morning and take a hot meal out to the field at night. They work 6am-10/11pm which with our 3 kids leaves me little time to do any kind of workout. We live in a camper so not a lot of room. We have wii fit but there is only so much you can do on there and I am a Zumba lover but again not a lot of room for that in a camper either. Also all the sweets and chips and such for their lunches is always tempting. And for for supper they are young guys....so they like creamy cheesey casseroles, red meat, pork, lots of bread. So as I said getting through the summers is a big hurdle for me. I am hoping MFP will be here to make it easier!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Welcome to MFP! I love this site too! It has changed the way I look at food. My daughter is going to be 2 this October. They are such cuties at this age. I love to watch her explore and get excited about new things! I am sure you will kick butt this summer. Find things to do outside that burn the calories instead of trying to do everything inside.
This discussion has been closed.