The Best Workout!?

Options
I would like everyone's input on what workout DVD/Wii game works best for them. I was originally going to buy a ZUMBA DVD, but I've heard excellent things about the JM 30-day shred. I've also seen lots of fitness games for the Wii, such as Biggest Loser. What kinds of DVD's or Wii games work best for everyone?

Replies

• Stina_Marie13
    Stina_Marie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA, is latin themes...its great and fun.
    BIGGEST LOSER ive hurd good reviews.
    Im going to get INSANITY here pretty soon, cant wait to bust ma *kitten* lol!!

good luck on your search for the best workout DVD
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love zumba classes. The dvd's are a little slow and boring compared to the live class. 30 day shred is a great workout, but I have knee issues and it totally wrecks my knees. Of course that could be due to incorrect form since I'm not a pro :)
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would say the best work out is the one that you enjoy and do consistently. I know that isn't really the answer you were looking for, but that is what works for me. I have tried many things and I find that it's easy to buy games and gadgets...but using them consistently is the key. Find what you love (it could be a variety of things) and stick to it! Good luck!
  • ropedancer
    Options
    My favorite workout DVD changes a lot, but right now I would say it's The Firm's Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn. I've also done the 30 day Shred. I liked, but it wasn't enough variety for me.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I really like the Zumba dvd's. I feel like the 30 day shred is sort of for beginners?! I have tried it but it was really easy. I also have Jillian Michael's box set of 5 dvd's which are all pretty hard. I like the Biggest Loser wii game but it only really works up a sweat if I turn it on the "high intensity/expert" workout. I just know me and if I'm not getting my heart rate up to where it should be, then I'm not getting a productive workout in. I like the dvd's and wii games for an occasional change of pace but ultimately I would like to get to a cardio class at the gym like spinning or boxing! that's the best! :)
  • deanneashley
    Options
    i have hip hop abs.. i love it!!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is fun with great music.
    30 Day Shred is good but definitely hard on the knees.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser for Wii and I love it. I sweat my *kitten* off!!! I just ordered from Netflix, Just Dance for Wii. As long as your moving, you'll be fine. Good Luck :bigsmile:
  • Lstrode
    Options
    I would say the best work out is the one that you enjoy and do consistently. I know that isn't really the answer you were looking for, but that is what works for me. I have tried many things and I find that it's easy to buy games and gadgets...but using them consistently is the key. Find what you love (it could be a variety of things) and stick to it! Good luck!

This is true! If you find something that works, but you hate it and can't stay motivated to keep it up, it won't do you any good. For me, I love dancing, and have lost 10 lbs using mainly the Wii Just Dance games, and sometimes Wii Fit Plus or Sports. I have one of the Biggest Loser games, but I hate that type of just plain exercising, so I don't use it. It feel like too much work ..... ha. But the dancing makes time fly for me. So just experiment and see what works best for you. I'll have Zumba for Wii in a few days.. I hope I enjoy it as much. Thankfully, there are TONS of workout games/DVDs out there now, so the choices are great!
    Good luck!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough about EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii. It's awesome. I also like Wii Fit Plus, but it's not as intense as EA -- but sometimes that's a good thing, you know?
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I would say the best work out is the one that you enjoy and do consistently.

Absolutely spot on!!!

The best DVD, Wii game etc etc is one that doesn't just dust on your shelf.

The best exercise is one that you actually do consistenly because you enjoy it. For some people that's Zumba, for some it's some DVD, for other's it's free weights, spinning or road running. Just find something you love.
  • elfie9863
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser for Wii and I love it. I sweat my *kitten* off!!! I just ordered from Netflix, Just Dance for Wii. As long as your moving, you'll be fine. Good Luck :bigsmile:

YAY!!! I wanted to try JD for Wii...didn't know NetFlix had it available...THANKS!!!!!
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    Took the words right outta my mouth! 100% agree!
  • LaraBoBara
    LaraBoBara Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy Jillian Michael's and I heard Insanity was great too because it's a lot like P90x.