Once more with feeling

Options
well, here I go again. My fitness trainer told me about this site. I have 60 pounds to lose. If I enjoyed exercise, if I loved vegetables, if I had an actual metabolism...these are the things I say from my chair. I ate breakfast before logging on for the first time and see that I have 600 cals. Left for the day! So. We'll see. Going to the gym. Wish me luck and perseverance, everyone.

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can totally do this. Baby steps, right? You'll find loads of great support on this site.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • UberGoose
    Options
    You can do it! It just takes time, but mostly it takes continuation and patience. Just don't give up, stop, or expect things to happen quickly. They don't always.
  • LynnMcDeal
    Options
    Good luck!! I have to tell you -- I'm pushing 61 (next month) and have never in my lifetime counted calories or been on a diet. But my sister pointed me towards this site, as I wouldn't mind losing 20 lbs (lost 10 last year with my Wii) -- and I love this! I really enjoy watching what I eat and am amazed at how quickly the calories add up. This site keeps you on your toes and is a great way of making you accountable for your actions. I've only been here for less than a week, but I've dropped a bit every day, EXCEPT for the day I ate three pieces of pizza -- and I KNEW not to do it, but it sure was yummy.

Again -- best of luck.

Lynn
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! (as I type this from the couch!). I need to lose about 60 pounds too... the heaviest I've ever been! Well, that's why we're here. You can do it! Feel free to friend me and we can support each other! Good luck!
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have about that to lose also. You CAN do it! From my experience it takes several weeks to develop a new habit. You'll find that you might actually like exercising and eating vegetables! Keep up the good work, and we'll have a rockin summer!
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hang in there you will make it
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I am also in my fifties and would like to lose at least 50 pounds. I have found the food diary the most helpful in working towards my goals. You find out real fast what it's costing you everytime you put something in your mouth. I've started asking myself if it's worth it. Sometimes it is...but most of the time it's not. Keep at it and don't get discouraged. Add me as a friend and supporter if you'd like.