Green tea tablets

Options
Hey anyone have any info on green tea tablets? My best friend told me that's how she lost weight a few years ago. Anyone know if they're safe? Can I get the same result drinking green tea? Any particular brand better than others?

Replies

• 0flynnstone0
    Options
    bump....i'm curious too
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but am interested in this as well :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarrah2903
    Options
    I've taken green tea tablets that can also be dissolved to make green tea, and I must say that it didn't make a difference to my weight loss. I've stopped taking them and still losing weight at the same rate.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Green tea is said to raise metabolism and it also has catechins which are powerful antioxidants.

There seems to be conflicting evidence about whether it actually contributes to significant weight loss or whether it raises metabolism enough to make a real difference. That said the health benefits from the catechins are good enough reason to take them.

I'm not an expert, this is just what I've read and learned along the way :wink:
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from the pills. I drink green tea, and make large batches of tea ice with it. It ensures that I am drinking something calorie free that I can count as water. Losing weight is all about life style change, and making better choices. Pills may work in the short term, but we cannot take pills for the rest of out lives. However, many cultures have been drinking green tea for life.
    1 liter pitcher
    5 green tea bags
    4 lemon wedges
    **sometimes I add peppermint tea bags for more flavour
    hot water to brew, then allow it to cool until ready to refrigerate
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    I drink several green teas, a mango green tea and a pomergranite green tea. I just don't know if the pills are a concentrated form of whatever is good in them but thanks for the info. I'm going to look into it and let you know if I find anything out.

BTW - it was a trainer that told her about the Green tea pills