SBF Sept 10

Good morning!
How are you all doing?
I'm sick. My sore throat turned into a nasty cold last night before I went to bed. :sick: Oh well, I'm still going to work out, I just feel like poopie.
Today:
push ups
a walk if I can get it in between rain showers
shred if I can't get the walk in. I don't think I feel up to doing both.
drink lots of water

On a good note I stepped on the scale for laughs this morning, and actually lost a pound! That puts me where my ticker says I ought to be. We'll see if it holds up! Maybe walking really is the key for me! If so I hope I can go again today!
You all have a great day! I'll be checking in!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    Good morning!
    How are you all doing?
    I'm sick. My sore throat turned into a nasty cold last night before I went to bed. :sick: Oh well, I'm still going to work out, I just feel like poopie.
    Today:
    push ups
    a walk if I can get it in between rain showers
    shred if I can't get the walk in. I don't think I feel up to doing both.
    drink lots of water

On a good note I stepped on the scale for laughs this morning, and actually lost a pound! That puts me where my ticker says I ought to be. We'll see if it holds up! Maybe walking really is the key for me! If so I hope I can go again today!
    You all have a great day! I'll be checking in!
    Melissa
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning! Aw. . .MM, sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you're better soon.

Today is bikram, water, vits. . .

re-writes and an advisor meeting, orientation, lesson planning, another re-write, practicing. . . Oof. I'm busy, I guess. . . .realizing how much more challenging it is to keep on my workout schedule when life is full of other things on the schedule. I had to "adapt" on Monday, and do a Rodney Yee DVD at home instead of going to the yoga studio, so it's been a week since I've been there, and I miss it.

Well, enough time here. . .back to work.:sad:

Take care of yourselves, :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning!

MM I hope you feel better!

Vivia -- I feel like you are in Bikram all the time now! Do you go more than once a week or am I just in a weird time warp?

I feel great today. This shoot is going much better than expected. Last night I was on fire! I can't believe that I've had two days in a row with easy hours. I'm absolutely starving this morning too -- will have to make sure I stay within my calories or I'm going to eat them all before 12pm...

Yesterday:
    * Shot hoops for 20 minutes
    * Elliptical for 30 minutes, 10 minute walk
    * Shoulders/ Tris for 45 minutes
    * Yoga for an hour

Today:
    * 45 minutes cardio
    * 15 minutes abs
    * Drink my water
    * No eating after 8pm
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    WL - I think both V and I are doing 3x a week of yoga - she's all about the Bikram though, if you want to talk to a convert.

MM - hope you feel better soon - you really shouldn't workout while sick, especially with all the mommy duties you have

Well, If I fall off line this weekend, it's just because our power is out and our roof is missing - Ike is headed straight for central Texas. Even though we are quite a bit inland, they are predicting tropical storm winds (70 mph) to hit us, and maybe a few tornadoes. I hope I don't lose any trees (we only have 4) and my house stays intact. Other than that, I welcome the rain.
    Husband and I signed up for a 40 mile bike ride this fall - I mentioned that we should start training this weekend - I imagine you wouldn't have to pedal with a 70 mph tail wind right?

Yesterday I walked and did elliptical. Today is weights, walking, and yoga.
  • yoginimary
    One more thing - I did a test on the HRM
    30 minutes easy/moderate walking - average HR 125 - 200 calories
    30 minutes moderate/hard elliptical - average HR 146 - 250 calories

sucks.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    WL - I think both V and I are doing 3x a week of yoga - she's all about the Bikram though, if you want to talk to a convert.

MM - hope you feel better soon - you really shouldn't workout while sick, especially with all the mommy duties you have

Well, If I fall off line this weekend, it's just because our power is out and our roof is missing - Ike is headed straight for central Texas. Even though we are quite a bit inland, they are predicting tropical storm winds (70 mph) to hit us, and maybe a few tornadoes. I hope I don't lose any trees (we only have 4) and my house stays intact. Other than that, I welcome the rain.
    Husband and I signed up for a 40 mile bike ride this fall - I mentioned that we should start training this weekend - I imagine you wouldn't have to pedal with a 70 mph tail wind right?

Yesterday I walked and did elliptical. Today is weights, walking, and yoga.

I like the heat. . .and I'm such a child of ritual. I love things to be orderly and bossy, so for me it works. I'm trying to go three times a week. . .

Hope that Ike. . .(or whichever one this is. . .I've lost track) doesn't blow you away Mary. Or anyone else, for that matter. I'm kind of sick of hurricanes.

OK, now I'm seriously getting back to work.:tongue:
  • mechanicmom

I am going to try to go for a walk at least. I probably won't walk as fast or as long as I did yesterday but I should do something. I won't stay in my calories if I don't. It'll be a challenge getting much of anything done since my son is sick too and we're both tired from being up so much last night. But I think a walk would do me some good!
    I hope weather doesn't get too nasty for you! My family lives in San Antonio. I guess they will get a lot of wind and rain too. I'll pray for your safety and for your house too!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Tomorrow's my Birthday!!! The only reason I'm excited is because my work is giving you a paid holiday for your birthday this year so I get to sleep in! My bf and I are completely broke so there won't be any indulging in bad foods or anything of the sort unless my mom decides to bake something. We'll just be spending the day together working on our cars and such.

We're having beautiful weather today after the pouring rain yesterday, so I think I'm going to mow the yard after work...it's been like a month now since the last time it was done. I might do a shred as well, we'll see.

Have a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    I like precision, so I'm Iyengar all the way. I also like to laugh, so the Anusara.

MM - you burn more calories when you are sick, so keep that in mind.

I just got word that they are evacuating Corpus Christi.
  • mechanicmom

MM - you burn more calories when you are sick, so keep that in mind.
    Cool!:laugh:
    Eating makes me feel better when I am sick so maybe I won't fret too much if I go over my cals a little bit today.
  • Hi ladies. Sore throat here too but mine is allergies....UGH. Hope you feel better soon MM.

Mary-I hope rain is the only weather you encounter. Will keep you in my prayers.

Hope you enjoy your birthday Rach-I'm not having any more.

I have to have an ultrasound next week-ENT Dr. found an enlarged thyroid gland while I was having my ear checked. From what I've read, it could be something as simple as an iodine deficiency(fingers crossed).

Today was Turbo Jam again and the scale was down another pound but I'm not gonna record it unless I see the same thing for another day or two. I am very pleased to say that I am wearing my size 6 jeans and will need to get a belt! Been hiking them up all day....
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    MM - take it easy and get well soon!
    Mary - stay safe (and dry)!
    Rach - enjoy your day off!
    Julie - belting your size 6? :noway: Way to go!
    Vivia - um, hi! Hope you enjoyed Bikram. :flowerforyou:

I did a walk after lunch, aerobics after work (the instructor was super high-energy today and we did that Mary J Blige line dance after class again - but this time I knew what I was doing!), and then Shred when I got home. It felt like a lot, and my knee is complaining a bit (stupid squats).

Tomorrow - Shred, pushups, and MAYBE running on the treadmill for a bitif my knees and blisters allow.

Oh, and I may not have lost that pound after all. :frown: Damn.