Apple Cider Vinagar

Options
So I have been searching online for ways to lower my blood sugar levels and there has been mention that apple cider vinegar has many health benefits. Has anyone tried or takes it?

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon capsulls are great, take them with your fish/ flaxseed oil and if you do burp it will taste like cinnamon.
  • AmericanNewfie
    Options
    Yes. 4 ounces of Apple Cider Vinegar and a tsp of honey, everyday. You will notice a HUGE difference all over your body. However, it does repeat on you for about 20 minutes so don't take it before working out unless you like the taste of vinegar! LOL

Oh, and try to get local, organic honey from your area. It will help with things like allergies and skin irritations from the air in your area.
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't know about blood sugar levels. But, I do cook with an organic apple cider vinagar and it's really good. You just have to shake it first. Yummy in salad dressing too. Just make it for that specific salad, don't make it and store it, doesn't store right.
  • ronm4u
    Options
    Hi, Yes I tried it "Organic Apple Cider Vinegar" & Tart Cherry Juice & Orange Juice (low sodium)" I stopped but thinking of going back to it for inflammation & joint pain. I hope this will give you some ideas.
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Here's an article from Dr. Mercola about ACV that has info about a diabetes study on it, http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/06/02/Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Hype.aspx

If you do start taking it, make sure you use a raw, unprocessed kind that still has the "Mother" floating around in it.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replay and I will check out that link :)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are lots of foods that help with regulating blood sugars naturally.

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar - raw and unfiltered
    Chia Seeds
    Cinnamon - use it on your food, sprinkle on your coffee grounds - a tsp a day makes a big difference
    Coconut Oil (I like the Nutiva brand, expeller pressed)

These are just a few items that will benefit you and my most commonly used items.
  • Caper88
    Options
    Anyone know where to get Chia sheeds? Is it just in with your normal spices or do you have to go to a health store?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Anyone know where to get Chia sheeds? Is it just in with your normal spices or do you have to go to a health store?

Online or health food store.

Do you have a whole foods near?
  • Caper88
    Options
    I think there is a health store near by that I could look in.
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    bump
  • AmyStayton
    Options
    I would love to send you a sample of our chia seeds (www.runningfood.com). Send me an e-mail amy@natures-chemistry.com and I would be glad to mail you a free sample in hopes that you pass on the word!