I know Im going to sound repetitive from other posts but I n

Options
bzmom
bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
I have been considering buying a workout dvd for myself lately and after getting a scratch off from my dad and wining some $$ I now have it to purchase it. My question is WHAT DO I GET!?!?

My debate is between p90x, insanity and brazil butt lift.

May it will help me posting what Im looking for to get a better suggestion.

1. I want to tone up my boddy mostly my abbs, butt, and thighs.

2. I can only work out for like 30 minutes on during the week (not including weekends here) and like 2-3 days. I work full time and have 3 children so its kinda difficult.

If there is any recommendations on any good workouts for me that may fit what Im looking for would be great! Im currently doing Zumba wii fitness but I need something else so I can switch it up every 2-3 weeks or so.

Thank you!

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    On the beachbody site you can compare all of them and it will tell you the length and what you want to do with your body so you can compare all at the same time.
  • Katrina634
    Options
    I do the Insanity Workout's and I love them! They are EXTREMELY hard, but tones your butt, thighs, core, arms, hips......you name it! I haven't lost much on the scale (almost 10 lbs in 6 weeks) but have lost lots in inches! I am more tone and more lean.

The recommended routine is 4 weeks of Level 1-type workouts - 40 mins each. It's like 4 or 5 DVD's (from plyometrics to cardio resistance to pure cardio to cardio recovery). They are HARD! You are supposed to do them 6 days a week, but I'm sure you can do things at your own pace.

Then you get a cardio recovery week of core balance and yoga type exercises.

Then the next four weeks are the Level 2 type workouts which are 60 mins and EVEN HARDER! Another 4 or 5 DVD's to work through. I would recommend Insanity to anyone.

My endurance for cardio is MUCH higher as well.

Good luck!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Thanks I didnt pay attention to that when I when to their site!
    On the beachbody site you can compare all of them and it will tell you the length and what you want to do with your body so you can compare all at the same time.
  • SillySarah
    Options
    Save your money and use the videos/workout routines from this site:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

I've been doing some of the workouts for a couple months now and I have had some great results both in the way I look as well as strength gains.

Plus there are tons of workouts to choose from so you won't ever get bored! Zuzana (the instructor) provides a written workout breakdown as well as demo videos for each workout routine or specific move. The nice thing about using these workouts is you really don't need any fancy equipment to do them.

Good luck!
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bevererly callard rapid results

it does a 30minute aeorbic workout very good and then a 30minute tone up which i love its up to you if you do both or one or other i lost almost 14lbs when i used this dvd last must dig it back out now i want to lose again it toned me good as well you could feel each part you were toning and could redo exercises to tone the areas you needed more work with
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X !!!!! I love love love love it thus far!!!!!!! Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock or Insanity are great choices. A few of my mfp pals have done both