30 Day Shred- Any beginners?

Options
Are any other MFPals out there wanting to start the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred with me?? I began it about a week or two ago and just kind of gave up, but was hoping for others to motivate and support!!

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I actually just started it yesterday. Its a bit of a challenge but I think its worth it - I'm in.
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi - I will start it with you, I have tried it a couple of times and given up also...the push ups are tough!! Hope we both can complete it this time!!! :)
  • SBug
    SBug Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred through January and have now started her 6 Week 6 Pack DVD.. Don't give up! You won't believe the results you'll get, after a month looking back, level 1 is a BREEZE!
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    Great! I'm so glad that you both want to join! I will continue with posting for all of us!! I think that for me personally it's the measurements that mean the most not the scale although who wouldn't love to see that number go down!

Would you like to me keep track of everyone's progress??
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'l start it with u :D, ive yet to start on mine YAY!!! workout buddies!!!!!

woohooo
    Kirstie x
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred through January and have now started her 6 Week 6 Pack DVD.. Don't give up! You won't believe the results you'll get, after a month looking back, level 1 is a BREEZE!

Thank you for the inspiration! Did you do it everyday?
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    I'l start it with u :D, ive yet to start on mine YAY!!! workout buddies!!!!!

woohooo
    Kirstie x

Sounds great! Let's keep each other in line!
  • Chazz0r
    Options
    I keep seeing things about this being posted, but i'm not sure what it is, is it any good? and what is it? lol
  • janaegriffin87
    janaegriffin87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! Today was day 2! I'm in! Would anybody recommend a time schedule for each level? I thought of doing 10 days level 1, 10 days level 2, and vice versa.
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting on Monday next week (Reading week of university) :)
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    I am on Level 1day 5. So I just starting out. I'll like to be in. :)
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    I keep seeing things about this being posted, but i'm not sure what it is, is it any good? and what is it? lol

It is a DVD is made by Jillian Michael's where the workouts are in 3 levels, but are only 20 minutes. It's circuit training so its pretty instense with no breaks, but it's only 20 minutes!

The challenge is to do if for 30 days straight! The dvd is only about 7 dollars on amazon!
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    I started yesterday! Today was day 2! I'm in! Would anybody recommend a time schedule for each level? I thought of doing 10 days level 1, 10 days level 2, and vice versa.

That is the plan I was going to use! I like your style :smile:
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just got the DVD today, thinking of starting tomorrow.
    I don't own any weights though, any ideas what I could use instead?
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    You could definitely use full water bottles! I am just going to start with 3lb weights, they aren't that expensive. I think you can get a set for less than 10 dollars!
  • aalexander0607
    aalexander0607 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hope to start it today!
  • Chazz0r
    Options

It is a DVD is made by Jillian Michael's where the workouts are in 3 levels, but are only 20 minutes. It's circuit training so its pretty instense with no breaks, but it's only 20 minutes!

The challenge is to do if for 30 days straight! The dvd is only about 7 dollars on amazon!

Ah i see, thank you! :)

I think i will buy it.
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm on Day 5..it's tough! I feel better after it's over though.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi

How many pounds [weight] are you looking to use? You could start with soup cans... or water bottles full of water or sand. You could increase the amount of sand, etc. if you need more intensity. Weights [locally, anyway] are about $1 - $1.50 per lb.. so once you've committed to using your water bottles, it woudln't be too expensive to switch to the real thing.

Good Luck!
    :smile:
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    It really is tough, but I just keep thinking to myself if I can't even find 20 minutes a day to work out when am I ever going to get fit and healthy? I know that diet is 90% of it, but who doesn't want amazing arms and legs for summer time!