Xbox 360 kinect & Dance Central Calories

Options
I just figured it out! I just logged in dance central calories! All you have to do when you are logging in your calories on the exersice part of MFP is CREATE A NEW EXERCISE. Then you can name it and put your time and calories on there. Also, don't forget that the game tells you how many calories you burn for each song/dance(and i found out myself that it DOES include the practice rounds:-)!). I just write them all down, then add them up at the end. The game tells you the time you spent dancing to that song and how many calories you burned!

So, in short, you can log in what ever exercise you want, just go to CREATE A NEW EXERCISE.

Good Luck!

Venita

Replies

• johnporcaro
    johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Gotta try that with my kids! Sounds fun!
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes it is sooooo much fun....if ya like to dance and look silly!
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise by using Dance Central but I don't feel like it logs the calories correctly. When my husband and I do it, it averages about 12 calories a song....I can do it for about 30 minutes straight and only burn about 80 calories which I am not sure it is correct. I have been logging my calories burned from the game as cardio exercise, and just called it dance, but I am also trying to figure out how to get a correct number of calories burned!
  • sflemin286
    Options
    That doesnt sound right at all!
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you use the workout section of it it keeps a running tab so you don't even have to stop to write it down! i did that for the 1st time last night!
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Love the dance central! I also have the Zumba which is a blast!
  • girl_brett
    Options
    I have Zumba too and LOVE it...I also have Your Shape, fitness evolved and enjoy this program very much as well! I am so glad that I got the system! I'm the one who uses it most in the house which is to my advantage so I'm not fighting with the kids! LOL
  • girl_brett
    Options
    I noticed when I did the Dance Central workout last night that it has you burning about 13 calories per song. The songs are on a high average 3 minutes long (I know they are less more like 2) but on the high side you should be burning atleast 130 calories for 30 minutes. I did it for 57 minutes and had like 257 calories burned!
  • nickyjeman
    nickyjeman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is the answer to what I was looking for! Thanks guys and keep dancing!!!
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am using "The Black Eyed Peas Experience" rather than Dance Central, and I don't think it has a workout option. Either way, I logged my time as General Dancing, and cut out about a third of my time to account for when you are standing still (though I did try to keep bouncing in place the while time rather than just standing still).

That said, the number it gave me was astronomical and I doubt even with cutting a third of the time that I really burnt that many calories.

I will probably rely on other workouts to get my needed burn and add this as bonus for my weeks! :D
  • Desilu_32
    Options
    Dance Central is the best of both worlds if you like to dance! I workout without really working out. Whoever created this game is a genius! :bigsmile:
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use my BMF for calories and the burn it states is really understated.

from my playing it's about 208 cal per hour for me. I do back to back songs.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise by using Dance Central but I don't feel like it logs the calories correctly. When my husband and I do it, it averages about 12 calories a song....I can do it for about 30 minutes straight and only burn about 80 calories which I am not sure it is correct. I have been logging my calories burned from the game as cardio exercise, and just called it dance, but I am also trying to figure out how to get a correct number of calories burned!

I love playing Dance Central and I use a HRM when I'm using it as a exercise.
  • lintably
    Options
    I'm just starting My Fitness pal and will be using Dance Central a few times per week for Cardio. I didn't see Dance Central listed as a cardio option but found your posts in the forum. I love Dance Central we have all 3 versions. thinking about getting Zumba as well!
  • catherine2u
    catherine2u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to play fighters uncashed, How can I tell how many calories I have burn I can only get in about 15 minutes before I’m out of breath. I am recovering from having a TIA which is trans ischemic stroke so I’m tickled to death to be able to get 15 minutes in.