Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie Shifting.

I've been thinking about doing the calorie shifting thing, but i'm worried about going over my calorie goal cause in my head i just think that it will make me put weight on, so i want to know, does it actually work?

Any help is welcome! Lol.

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    I've done all kinds, I think I'm going to stick with calorie counting and exercise --- that way it's a life change and I don't have worry about what to do when I don't want to do a fad any more. Every time I try some new fad, I end up putting all the weight plus more on when I go back off of the fad...just me
  • Hi, What is calories shifting?? x
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    I have found success with just plain calorie counting but interested also in knowing what is calorie shifting?
  • Hi, What is calories shifting?? x

You eat more calories on like 2 days of the week to confuse your metabolism and apparently it makes you lose more weight, but i want to know if it actually works x
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    I do what people call calorie shifting. I didn't realize it had a name. I read about not letting your body get used to eating the same calories every single day...that you should switch it up. It boosts your metabolism supposedly. For 6 months on and off, I've been eating between 1100 and 1500 calories every day. For 2 days I'll eat 1100-1200 then two days I'll go up close to 1500. I've lost over 36 lbs during this time so it seems to be working. I have had my off weeks where I'll eat under 1200 for too many days and I end up not losing a full pound that week. On those weeks were I'm diligent, I'll lose close to 3 lbs that week. There are just some weeks where the only reason I do eat up to 1500 is because I'm just that hungry. lol
  • Cheers, I will google it :wink:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I've always given myself two days off from calorie counting a week. It hasn't hindered my weight loss at all, I've lost 13.5 pounds since October and I had plenty of time off from the gym and at least the whole month of December where I wasn't counting calories at all. As I've evolved my eating habits over the course of the last few months (completely cutting out junk food, refined sugar, etc.) I've been closer to my calorie goal on my days off, but it hasn't changed my overall weight loss. It still averages out to about 1-1.5 pounds per week, though some weeks I lose close to 2.5 and the next I'll only lose .2 pounds.