Zumba Calories

Options
I've been doing Zumba for a couple of weeks now, but I have no idea how many calories I've burned and how to add it into my daily Exercise. I am about mid-range as far as doing all the steps to my fullest potential. (I'm hoping once I learn the routines better I can focus on extending my moves to burn more calories.) Any advise to fellow zumba-ers and exercise input?

Replies

• mollyt37
    mollyt37 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can try to add it under dance. That is what I do. I just keep track of how much time I use the dance video for. Hope this helps!
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i log it under aerobic dancing :) just put in my hr classes in :)

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hiya I put it as quick add exercise and 650cal per hour - as i checked online n most places say from 500 to 800 now im overweight (200.8lb) but i give it a good go - important thing is to keep going i go about 3 times a week but i love it so much ! Good luck x
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    I have been doing ballroom fast dancing for zumba! SO FUn :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If you want an accurate count of calories you need a Heart Rate Monitor that calculates calories for you.

Your age, sex, weight, heart rate and length of your Zumba all affect the amount of calories burned.

You might be a few hundred calories off in either direction if using a canned number of calories.
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    Hi there...I weigh 190lbs and burn around 900 cals a class. I have a HRM so I know it's pretty accurate. Hope this helps!
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    I use it under aerobics general. Some ppl on other blogs says it's about what u would burn doing Zumba. Hope this helps. But if I'm wrong anyone let me know.
  • dianeriley
    Options
    I dont add my exercise to my daily log as it adds more calaries to my daily intake and i want to do my zumba to boost my weight loss ut is this wrong.
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been adding regular "dancing" and it says I burn around 400 calories. I'm content with that and if it's a little off that's okay. I'm interested in a heart rate monitor though. I think I'd be surprised.
  • eeweiss
    eeweiss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 137 lbs...in pretty good shape and my heart rate monitor said I burned 715 calories in one hour of zumba class!
  • justin_time
    Options
    the most accurate way is to use a HRM, however for a quick easy to use tool based on metabolic averages using your weight and workout intensity level try http://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt