does anyone else do this?

Options
Whenever I break a certain weight barrier, for example when I was in the 270s and got into the 260s I got all happy, and excited. And I do this every single time I break into a new number range. It's kinda weird and hard to explain, but for some reason I have a mental thing of holy cow! I'm now finally into the 260s....250s.....and now 240s. I know those are only numbers and I should be excited even when I don't crack into a new one, but I feel like wow I can finally move on and leave that certain 10 pound digit realm alone and say goodbye forever.

Just wondering if anyone else gets as excited as I do when I crack the new 10 digits thingy? If I explained this adequately.

Paul

Replies

• JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I feel that way too! I especially felt that way when I got out of the 200s!!!!
  • alysen2012
    Options
    I actually do get excited espcially now since i am under 250 which i haven't been since freshman year of high school. I do get really happy but i always think that 10lbs was hard to get off but i can get the next 10lbs off now.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    too right not so much with the numbers but definitely with the clothes sizes (typical woman!!!) I love the feeling when people like some of my "new" clothes and ask where I got them from and I say I little place called Cerys's old wardrobe!!!!
  • loveshannonmarie
    loveshannonmarie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yessssss lol are you kidding? Its like a hurdle lol idk but I get excited too haha
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i guess itl happen for me wen i reach my first stone lol congrats on the progress
    Kirstie x
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i do... i find it a good way to keep you positive, instead of think oohhhh im stil 203 i think oohhh im nearly in the 190s !!
  • AmericanNewfie
    Options
    Buddy... REVEL IN YOUR SUCCESS!!! Great job!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have felt the same way throughout this whole process. Nothing better than getting into the next 10 down. It always feels monumental. Biggest for me was getting into the 100's. I celebrated even when I made it in by a few 10ths of a pound!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Definitely:laugh: . I even have a little reward every 10lbs that I give myself to reinforce my loss as well....for some reason even if I lost like 2-3lbs that week, I don't feel successful until I get down that next 10.
  • supadaverun
    supadaverun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Funny that you posted this because I was thinking the same thing. I started @ 272 Oct 1 and was pumped when I hit 269.5. Hey- Out of the 270's! Same thing for leaving 260,250,240 and now I am 230 and can't wait to weigh in and find that I'll be in the 220's. haha! I'll easily take 229.5...
    Good job on your weightloss!
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I get so excited by this too! I am 3 pounds away from breaking into the next 10 pound range! I can't wait!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do, though I haven't lost that much weight yet. I am looking forward to leaving the 170's behind (just 1.5 more pounds!), for now. I'll probably be back up here with my next pregnancy, but that's different.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Any milestone for me is a joyful occasion...of course, setbacks send me to the ledge....
  • lradloff
    lradloff Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh I absolutely agree with you! It is SUCH a great excitement to see the 10s number go down!!!!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I've never had more than 10 pounds to lose but I have seen and heard and do understand your ecstatic enthusiasm from close friends and family with great weight loss. Enthusiasm is healthy. I think I'd be more concerned if you were passive about the whole weight loss thing or, worse, dissatisfied. Good for you on achieving such enormous loss and the many gains that loss has brought you. Go figure - loss of weight is the only loss we all agree to love lol!
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do at this point. Once I start to get to a healthy weight I will pay more attention to my clothes and how I feel. But for right now, I have a lot to lose and love to get to the next ten.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    oh hell yes!!!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Definetly.. Its a great feeling to have those 10 lbs done.. and on the the next!!! I Love it!! Keep it up.. your doing great!!!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    For sure,hope that there is a lot more excitement to come for you yet....