P90X Questions

Options
I just bought the program today online. So, I haven't gotten mine yet. I am wondering what I will need to buy seperately to be able to do the workouts? Also, I don't think that any of my door frames will hold the chin up bar, so how will I do those? I bought 5 lb weights today, will I use them?

Replies

• jybdrummer
    jybdrummer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton shows you how to do most of the exercises with resistance bands, so you don't really need a pull-up bar or weights.
  • JodyDawkins
    Options
    For chin ups, you can use a resistance band with a door attachment. Most places that sell fitness equipment can help you out there. I recommend the bands from Beachbody. You can also use the bands for the other strength training exercises.

Best of luck!
  • jybdrummer
    jybdrummer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did Slim-in-6 and P90x for two years and didn't lose any weight at all. It wasn't until I started counting my calories on MyFitnessPal that the weight started dropping off. I've lost over 31lbs with MyFitnessPal and the treadmill.
  • lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good shoes, yoga mat (especially if you are on hardwood or concrete, like I am), bands. You will definitely use the 5 lb weights. You can use the bands instead of chinup bar. I wrap them around a post between the kitchen and living rooms. You can sit cross-legged leaning toward whatever is holding the bands so that your ribcage is on your upper thighs. Tony actually explains this in one of the dvds, but I didnt get to that dvd till the 9th week, so there you go. You learned it before I did.

I hope you like it! I love it. So much more variety than anything I have ever done on my own. I haven't lost much weight in the 9 weeks I have been on it, but I know it's because I haven't been as careful with my diet as I should have been. I did not follow the eating plan, but I LOVE the exercise plans.

Good luck and don't forget to BRING IT!!!