Belly be gone!!!!!!!

Options
Hey any ideas on getting rid of the belly?? Need to at least start on that area but please remember it is still a large area and need something in the beginning stage.
:laugh:

Replies

• SarahR1984
    Options
    cardio, cardio, and more cardio....good luck :)
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Hey any ideas on getting rid of the belly?? Need to at least start on that area but please remember it is still a large area and need something in the beginning stage.
    :laugh:
    from what i understand other then focusing on that area alone (like crunches, sit ups, other tummy exercises) to tone it, there is no way to focus on any one part of your body to make it skinnier. and from what ive read from other people, the belly tends to be the LAST to go! you lose the weight/fat from wherever your body decides to lose it from first.
  • claraham
    claraham Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cardio is a great way!! Good luck :)
  • xonashwaox
    Options
    Cardio and get the Belly Fat Cure cook book by Jorge Cruise <~~~~ LOVES IT!!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cardio is a great way!! Good luck :)

more like.. the only way!!:flowerforyou:
  • middlegoss
    Options
    Yeah I am doing the cardio, just really wanted to focus on the belly fat. Thanks!!
  • steacher24
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones for about a month and I've seen significant results so far.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Generally, the body starts losing where the fat is the easiest to loose.. Belly, thighs and hips are the hardest area's cause they are able to pack on so much fat. There really isn't any one kind of exercise that will pin point a certain area. Even crunches, will burn fat but not necessarily fat in the abs area. It don't work that way...Wish it did I certainly would be doing crunches for breakfast lunch and dinner time...Cardio....strength training, build muscle and that increases the burn off of the fat....Good Luck
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Maybe try interval training to get your resting metabolism up.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but keep up the cardio, throw in a bit of strength training, and watch your diet and you'll lose the fat!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Personally I value a well-rounded exercise program that includes weights and cardio for two simple reasons.

1) weights help build muscle that help boost metabolism that helps burn calories long term while you do nothing - sounds great, doesn't it!

2) cardio instantaneously burns calories

Reverse crunches are difficult to do but well worth the effort if you can achieve proper form. Otherwise, they're useless. Same goes for all abdominal exercises. Weighted sit ups are excellent for building stomach strength and muscular development but unless you combine sit ups with lots of cardio, those beautiful muscles will forever hide under layers of fat.

It's a long process so please don't be discouraged. Be determined instead. Chances are you gain weight on your stomach first, which means you'll probably lose it there last :-(

I know. Terrible! Not fair! But such is life my friend. Keep at it. Think of your body as needing BOTH cardio and strength training every day (with the exception of one full rest day) and in six months to a year you'll begin to see a completely new and transformed you. So many others have done it before you, alongside you and many will do it long after you've achieved your goal. You can do it!!!!
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    cardio and watch your sodium intake along with your calories. It just takes time.
  • danniwhit
    danniwhit Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I recommend cardio kickboxing and zumba! I use light hand weights while doing those to add a little extra workout to it.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot lose fat. Your body decides how to distribute it based on how much you have. Much like keeping a balanced diet, keep a balanced exercise routine and you will start to shrink all over. Patience and commitment. It will come off!