Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Steak?

Is there a reason why all of a sudden I want steak. i used to care less if I ever ate steak, but since I have been doing MFP I crave it? This is weird to me. Is this normal?

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I've wanted a few times but tried it once since I've been on MFP and regretted it. My stomach couldn't handle all that meat anymore.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Maybe you're wanting protein? Have at it, a small sirloin is pretty low-cal!
    Logan's and Applebees both have whole meals with a 6 or 7oz sirloin that are under 500 calories for the whole thing.
    They have fulfilled my steak cravings nicely.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Crave one? Have one, I did last night and it was yum......carefully weighed to 8 oz, no fat, grilled well & eaten with an egg, tomatoes & mushrooms, whats wrong with that? Healthy enough as only red meat this week, not processed high protein and well within my calories.
  • Lack of iron or protien in your diet maybe?? Just a thought. I reckon cravings are generally a good indication of what our body needs. x
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Mmmm, medium steak. Mmmmmm.

If you have been craving it for days, have it.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    When my training load is high I get proper protein 'cravings'. I have been known to come home after a long session, slap a steak under the grill and won't wait for veg to be done etc but just scoff the steak... :laugh:
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    When my training load is high I get proper protein 'cravings'. I have been known to come home after a long session, slap a steak under the grill and won't wait for veg to be done etc but just scoff the steak... :laugh:

Excellent, why not.....much tastier than a protein shake LOL!!
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Maybe you're wanting protein? Have at it, a small sirloin is pretty low-cal!
    Logan's and Applebees both have whole meals with a 6 or 7oz sirloin that are under 500 calories for the whole thing.
    They have fulfilled my steak cravings nicely.

Had the Applebees Sirloin & Shrimp under 550 calorie meal and surprisingly, it was delicious!!