Oops, no supper tonight for me.

Options
I just recorded on mfp what I ate so far today and I'm over 40 calories and I didn't even eat supper! I haven't exercise either today so I guess I will turn off the computer and turn on the treadmill. Time to get busy!

Replies

• Arizonagirl
    Options
    It is treadmill time for me too! Was doing great until I came into contact with my fave chocolates ;) Happy exercising!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Uhmmm...I'm withya there! Did an extra intense workout so I can have supper lol and a snack.
  • meganewhite
    Options
    That happened to me the other day. I ended up buying a box of meal replacement bars, only 200 calories/bar. I knew it wasn't healthy to not eat dinner so I went over by the 200 cal's and was very satisfied, not hungry until morning.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached my daily goal and I already had dinner.
  • velvettte
    Options
    So easy to do.... though I tend to use the app on my phone and keep a running account of my food/exercise.... also another thing I found is if I am going shopping, I put on a pedometer which then tells me how much I have burned by going around the supermarket isles...... nice way to do incidental exercise and add 'calories burnt' to my count
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I get up a little earlier every morning to plan what I'm eating for the day- gives me a concrete plan to follow and 95% of the time I'm able to stay true to it.

That said, please don't skip dinner. You will end up getting hungry and binging on what is quickest to fill the hole. Do the treadmill for a bit then have a healthy, lighter supper: salad (watch the dressing), tblsp of peanut butter on a bagel flat, and a piece of fruit. That should run you about 300 calories. So even if you are over the calorie count, because MFP automatically figures in your deficit for weight loss, you'll still end up with at least a 200 calorie deficit, depending what you set your weekly weight loss goal for.