stretch marks?? is there a cure???

Options
Any body got any tips and advise on how to reduce/ get rid of stretch marks....
Im going on holiday in may and i dont want to take any stretch marks with me!!!..
thanks..
xx

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    In my experience (2 babies), they don't go away, they just fade.

To get rid of them, you really need to get laser, etc.

I wouldn't waste money on lotions, creams, etc...they don't do much to help remove them, just fade them.

I had HORRIBLE stretch marks from my pregnancies, and now they are just clear-- no longer red. That's the best it will do.
  • serendipity_2050
    Options
    I'd like to know that as well, my body is slowly becoming one big silver stretch mark!!
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    Hey, I don't know where you are from but it says "lushest" on your profile so I'm guessing the UK! There is something called Boot's Expert Scar Serum (from Boots obv :P) which was 2 for £4 when I bought it. The leaflet says it works in about 8 weeks so may be worth a try. I haven't used mine yet as I want to wait for my tummy to shrink a bit first.
  • joemma
    joemma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i would not go as far as lazer treatment...but just wanted to know if any one had tryed anything and it has worked...

yeah im from wales..:)..il have to get some of that from boots...il give any thing a try....
    Thank you..xx
  • ryanmercer
    Options
    There isn't any. Period. Proper nutrition might help them fade, but once the damage is done it's done. I consider mine a reminder to not let myself get out of control ever again.
  • jtgill
    jtgill Posts: 48
    Options
    I agree with that_girl....I have two children myself and my husband and I have looked into creams ect...If you are going to get stretch marks there is nothing you can do to prevent them and once you do have them the best you can do outside of laser or surgery is fade them. But the stretch marks are a price I willingly paid for my kiddos!
  • carroll777
    Options
    stretch marks are beautiful, a beauty mark if think about it :-D
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    Stretch marks are pretty much there forever. You can TRY those creams, but they will most likely not work. you CAN get them to fade to white though. Try cocoa butter and celtrexa. Celtrexa is that advertisement that's on TV with the really skinny girls that have most likely never had stretch marks in their lives. It's worth a try though! :). Maybe you can cover it up with make up!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    check out Bio Oil. It helps with the appearance of scars and stretch marks :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    There isn't any. Period. Proper nutrition might help them fade, but once the damage is done it's done. I consider mine a reminder to not let myself get out of control ever again.

This is strait to the point. There is nothing you can do to get them to go away. You can manage to make them fade (almost to a point they are barely noticeable), but they will always be there. I have seen some girls who got spray on tans (professional ones from a salon) that have helped cover and blend. Just something to look into I guess. But creams only work if you use them prior to getting stretch marks to help skin elasticity deal with things like pregnancy and weight gain.
  • tschram12
    tschram12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There is no cure whatsoever. Stretch marks are scars. Every scar fades with time. No cream or miracle cream wil cure them, the damage is done. I really wish there was a cream that would make them go away, or wiah I had the money to get a tummy tuck...lol...
  • joemma
    joemma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    oh well........ guess i better start loving my scars then if theres no cure..!!!.. :) ....
    Thanks..
    xx
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    damn....I was hoping I'd find the miracle answer reading this! I have 2 boys, 7 and 5 and I have rotten marks all over my belly...real passion killer! I've been using Bio-Oil but to be honest havent noticed any difference, maybe cos I have too many!!!