30 Day Shred- Day 1- Happy Valentine's Day!

Options
I know many of you are starting or have just begun the 30 Day Shred. Please join me so we can work through this together!!! I am so motivated by my MFP friends! Just say Happy Valentine's Day and give this as a gift to yourself!!! Let's Do This!!!!!
Betsy

Replies

• vioblee
    vioblee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting it tonight!
  • rosita76
    Options
    Im going to be starting it Tuesday night!
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im going to do it next month. I am going to do the Shred it with Weights first :D I just got my kettle ball and am starting tuesday/wednesday
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Day 2 tonight!! Let's see if I hurt less tomorrow :-)
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow morning!!!
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What is 30 day shred?
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I did day 2 today, found it more challenging today. Not sure if I was just tired from yesterday or if I was more intese because I knew better what to expect. Either way enjoyed it.
  • rosita76
    Options
    I will be honest...I am alit terrified about doing this workout program, because I understand that its very hard and you are very sore afterwards....how was your first/second day?
  • rosita76
    Options
    Its Jullian Michaels 20-30min a day work out. Its pretty intense from what I understand. Ive been reading up on the people's post regarding the program. It's effective but brutal. ANd it goes on for 30days. 1 level is done in 10, then level 2 then level 3. I have seen people lose alot of inches on this. I like the idea of only dedicating 30 min a day to this type of thing. you use 1-3lb weights, if you want, and it involves alot of cardio is my understanding. I want to start this tues. You can get the dvd for less than 10bucks at walmart and such places.
  • rosita76
    Options

I did day 2 today, found it more challenging today. Not sure if I was just tired from yesterday or if I was more intese because I knew better what to expect. Either way enjoyed it.
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    I'm in, I will do my first day tomorrow! i'm excited and scared!!!!
  • jackie1473
    Options
    I'm in! If anyone has Brighthouse cable, they have exercise tv with plenty of free workouts! They have Jillian Michaels, Kim Kardashian, football, basketball workouts, 10, 30, 45 and 1 hour workouts and Leslie Sansone walking workouts. Good tool to utilize especially if you have Brighthouse!! Good luck:bigsmile:
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    the 30-Day shred works you out in "circuits" - 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute abs. 20 minutes of constant non-stop moving from one to the next. it is a GREAT workout, but tough. I had to modify a bit of the exercising - girlie pushups, and on some of the strength I find I can't quite use the easy weights yet, but I will get there! I don't do it everyday though because I want to take zumba 2x per week and I just don't have time to do them both. :D

Day 2 was Sunday - Day 3 will be tonight or tomorrow.

Try it - it's tough but good.
  • bp1140
    bp1140 Posts: 24
    Options
    I did not get out of bed early this morning, so I decided I did not have time to do 30ds before work when I planned to begin. I spent a good portion of today thinking of reasons I would NOT be able to do it tonight... then I remembered my commitment to all of you and decided- oh what the heck I will do it!

Right now I am feeling very proud and motivated after L1d1... ask me again when I wake up and have to get out of bed in the morning!

I may regret the fact that I pushed through and did almost all the reps of all the exercises... I am taking her message to heart that I may as well work hard for that 20 minutes!

I am thinking I will do this in the afternoons when I get home from teaching and have just picked my kids up from school. That is when I usually sneak away for a little nap. This will be time much better spent!

Thanks for doing this together!!! Now on to Day 2!
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    way to go bp1140...i did the same thing, tried to talk myself out of it this afternoon but I stuck through it and feel great! Very proud that I was able to do it all. (We will see how happy I am in the morning!)

On to day 2!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    yay! Go 30 Day Shredders! I will be hitting D3L1 tonight (i alternate with my zumba class)
  • JessPando
    Options
    I love The Shred! I will be starting tonight and alternating my training for the 5K! Yay!