Scale didnt move =( so discouraged

Options
Today is the start of my 5th week of losing weight. First 2 weeks lost a pound each, and the third week I lost another 2. I weighed myself this morning (end of 4th week) and no pounds lost!

The first 3 weeks I was averaging about 1600-1700 cals a day and I burn 500 every day at the gym. But last week I was only averaging about 1400-1500 cals a day because of decrease in appetite. I also added a workout dvd (30 day shred) in every day ALONG WITH my 500 cals on the elliptical al the gym this week. Is there a chance I am now burning so many cals and taking in too few??

I thought for sure this week I did so well. Now I am just putting myself down over it. I ate less cals, burned more, and drank more water and no change on the scale. =(

Replies

• Amber_2005
    Amber_2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are just building muscle. Take measurements. I'm sure you are losing inches if nothing else. You might try to eat more calories since you have dropped. I'm finding that I have more success when I stay right at my allotted calories or just a few above.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you maintained and didn't gain that is a victory.eat those excerce Cals!
  • LauraW116
    Options
    Its a good chance your gaining lean muscle. just keep with it. muscle might make the scale go up but it burns calories while your resting or going about ur day. & in time burnmore fat. good luck
  • heavenrain
    heavenrain Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm at my 4th week also and i have only lost 4 pounds. My weigh in is tomorrow. Don't let this get you down. Just keep going. Good luck.
  • buellbabe
    Options
    I had the same problem, I think I was getting more exercise and not enough calories. I have upped the calories and the weight is starting to come off again. AS the other poster said you are likely building muscle as well, both combined and I get how frustrated you are that was me as well. I am down 7 pounds in 4 weeks much to my surprise but in the first 2 weeks I lost 4 and then did lose anything till I add some of my exercise calories back, now in a week down another 3, gotta love that.
  • kladams1
    Options
    You may not see the movement on the scale. I dropped a pound two weeks ago, and tried on my "old skinny" pants and they did not fit. Now they do, not much weight dropped off and I can wear them and more of my "old skinny clothes". The weight will come just be patient, keep up with the exercising and if you want you could even change your eating pattern.

Keep up the good work!!!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think I have to eat more as well. I am working out 4 days a week burning 500-700 calories each workout but I only eat 1200 so that means my net is super low. I am loosing to slow so I will have to force myself to eat more.
  • lavaflow99
    lavaflow99 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me too. Have been the exact same weight for a month. But lost an inch at hips and waist. So I feel your pain about the scale no budging. But be encouraged that you haven't gained!! Agree with others about gaining muscle which weighs more. For me, I think I need less carbs and if I take in carbs to make them complex carbs. My 2 cents...